cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM SP05 just installed, now unable to mount MDM Server in Console

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am brand new to MDM. I was able to successfully "mount" the MDM Server with MDM SP04 (via Console). They just installed MDM SP05. I uninstalled and then reinstalled new MDM Console GUI for MDM SP05. I have attempted to mount the MDM Server.... however, it just hangs..... nothing happens. If I try to mount an invalid server (as an experiment), it shows up on the server list as an invalid server (yellow, exclamation icon).

All others on the team can mount the MDM Server - no errors.

Thanks! I have worked with the folks here & I have tried all kinds of things... no luck, yet. Any ideas?

Michele

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

Do you have a firewall on the machine where the Console is running that might be preventing the Console from communicating with MDS (port 20005 needs to be open on the client machine for outbound and inbound traffic)? Is MDS already running? Is it running on a Windows-based platform, or non-Windows-based?

If it were a version-mismatch, you would be getting an error. It sounds to me more like the communication is blocked in some way.

-Cleopatra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure the MDM Server and MDM Console are the compatible build versions.

To see the compatible build versions.

a. Go to MDM Server installation directory and type the following command.

<b>mds /version</b>

If you think you are using the right build versions

Try the following.

1. UnInstall MDM Console

2. Go to the registry editor and remove the "MDM 5.5" nodes under the following trees.

a. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->SAP->

b. HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->SAP->

3. Restart the PC

4. Install the MDM Console again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Subbu