cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCATT : multiple line itmes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

i am creating ecatt with TCD recording. My requirement is if i record a sales order with one line item can i use the same ecatt for multiple line items.

for example if i create a test script z_va01 in this i record a sales order having one line item. For this i created test data and configaration. Can i use same ecatt to create a sales order having multiple line items.

Thanks in advace

anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anilkumar,

I don't think you can use same TCD script for single line item and multiple line item. The reason behind is the line items are part of recording. And their positions get recorded. So data has to match with run time behavior of transaction.

In SAPGUI recording, record VA01 transaction for multiple line items first. And see whether you get different dynpro for each line item. If so, then you can make them Optional. Now this script can run for both multiple line item as well as single item provided one dynpro for each line item.

Find the following weblog for SAPGUI recording and making screens optional -

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/10/ecatt-scripts-creation--sapgui-mode-part-iii

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/18/ecatt-chaining-parameterization-creation-of-test-datatest-configuration-system-data-part-iv

But my personal experience says not to play much with the recorded scripts in the given scenario. If you can record two different scripts for the different line items, your life will be simpler.

Hope this helps.

PS If the answer solves your query, plz close the thread by marking it Solved and rewarding each reply.