cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hardware requirement for mapbox installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We would like to install mapbox component on a separate server for groupware integration between CRM 5.0 and Lotus Domino 7.02

Our SAP CRM runs on AS 400 db (E-series system I), would like to know if we have to go with AS 400 server for mapbox too or can we opt for Wintel (Dell windows server)?

Any inputs will be appreciated (ofcourse pts will be rewarded)

Regards,

Anil Kukutla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would say,that this depends on the number of mails you're going to synchronize. For some hundred you could run on your AS/400 - if you have several thousands I'd go for a separate box.

Be aware of the fact, that Mapbox is a playground, we did not managed to get it run stable with MS Exchange so we stopped the implementation (as of CRM 5.0 SP 6), we will try later again.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

thanks for your quick response. It would be great if you can share what type of problems you faced due to which you had to stop your implemenation, this will help us to mitigate the risk that we might also have to face.

secondly, we are going ahead with a separate box as we have thousands of records for synchronization going forward. Could you suggest which hardware to go with - whether Wintel (Dell) or AS 400 (IBM)? will mapbox installation be compatible on both the above hardwares? are there any advantages of one over the other?

many thanks again.

Anil Kukutla

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We were facing stability issues. Mapbox is a consultant solution and there's not that much documentation about the "internals", it runs as a Java application inside a J2EE engine and thus has all the implication that comes with that.

The behaviour of that version was indeterministic, mails didn't get through and there were so many places to check, why a certain mail was stuck.

You can run the Mapbox as part of J2EE on i5/OS but I can't state here anything about stability or issues, you'd better ask on the i5/OS forum here

--

Markus