cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practices for initial data loads to MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to load more than 300000 vendors from SAP into MDM production repository. Import server might take days to load that much if no error occurs.

Are there any best practices for initial loads to MDM available? What considerations must be made while doing the initial loads.

Harsha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harsh,

The only thing I can think of is to make sure to break up the load into smaller manageable loads. That way to can do some type of verification between each load to make sure everything is importing properly. It will be much easy to indentify any import problems with smaller loads as opposed to trying to import it all in at once and then try to verify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

It taking approx. 1 hour to load 500 records. We have more than 300000 records in total. Breaking it into smaller loads will take more time and make delta's unmanageable too.

What else?

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only way is to write your own import program using Java API. It is still going to be slow but at least you can automate the whole process and implement custom auditing and error logging.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kenny,

I would like to avoid custom coding as much as possible.

Guys : Any document for best practices around this?

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harsh

With SP05 patch1 there is a file aggregation functionality in the import port. Is is supposed to optimize the import performance.

BTW, give me your mail address and I will send you an idoc packaging paper for MDM.

Regards,

Goekhan