Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reusable components

anand_nidamanuru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a newbie to WebDynpro (ABAP).

I have to create a component that sends an Email, so that it can be used in other components. The requirement is like,

The parent component using this, should be able to send the mail automatically with/without displaying any view/pop up.

For this I am creating a component controller that has context interface with node EMAIL, fields TO, SUBJECT, MESSAGE, SEND_AUTO (Boolean)

The controller provides a method SEND_MAIL in the interface. This method when called by the parent controller, the field SEND_AUTO is checked and if it is true, the mail shud be sent automatically to the mail ID mentioned in the TO Field.

Now if this field is not true, I should display a pop-up window with a View providing the TO, SUBJECT, MESSAGE with a send button.

User can now press on Send button, to send the mail.

The problem I am facing is,

How to desing the window and view for this, so that from the controller method SEND_MAIL, I can display the view in a new pop up window.

I hope, I am clear about the requirement. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_nidamanuru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Anzy,

But could you please provide the link for ABAP.

Regards,

Anand

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi anand,

the same objects are available in the WD ABAP also...You need find the methods and classes..Just a bit of work...

Thanks

Anzy

Award points for useful answers

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There is PDF document available in SDN , where the complete implementation is mentioned which meets your requirements . (Mail functionality )

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/42af9f90-0201-0010-6099-ba67e542...

This implements whatever mentioned in your post.

Thanks

Anzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anzy,

this PDF is about WebDnypro Java.

Cheers,

Sascha

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sascha,

But there is no difference....objects are same.....you need to find the corresponding methods...problem solved.

Thanks

Anzy....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I would say, that you are not able to open a new window or trigger a navigation

from the component controller thru a call from anaother component.

So the descision whether to show the view or to send directly must be done by the

using component.

The EMAIL component provides the view which you can embedd in the using component in a new window or just a simple view (ViewContainerUIElement).

The using component then decides whether it should call the method directly, or navigates to the view which contains the interface view of the EMAIL component.

Hope this helps,

Sascha

Message was edited by:

Sascha Dingeldey