cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually Run Batch Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have scheduled batch jobs via SM36 and I can see the completed and released jobs in SM37.

How do I manually start one of these jobs without affecting the schedule?

For instance, I have Job1 that runs daily at 11:00pm. I want to still have it run everyday at 11:00pm, but I need to manually run it now. How would I start it?

It appears I could maybe go select the job, Job Menu, Repeat scheduling, and select immediate. But what is the right way to do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Drew,

You can go a head with one that you only suggested and is also the best way

Regards,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you assure me that this will not affect my current scheduling?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Drew,

Once after you do this I think you have to again reschedule this periodic job.One thing I can suggest you is, schedule this job for now through SM36 and it will not disturb the periodic job which runs again at 11.

Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Drew,

Repeat scheduling is the correct way. However make sure you remove the check box for periodic while doing so. otherwise the job will get peridocially scheduled in that manner.

Repeat scheduling with the removal of periodic is something which is done normally to run a periodic job out of turn.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the best option will be do a copy of the job. Once its copied it will be scheduled and then go ahead and release it. This will make sure that your original job remains unchanged and secondly the newly copied job is ran just once. Remember when you copy job it is copied and the status is Scheduled.

Hope this helps.