cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartForms - problem with an included text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem with an included text from SO10. This is separate from the problem I had yesterday. Basically I have an image (company logo) that is in SO10 under the name:

zhex-macro-sap-carlisle-052305 OBJECT Text ID st

When I try to display the text in my SmartForm it errors out and tells me that it doesn't exist. I then go to SO10 and look for it and, sure enough, it exists. I am using a text node and the text node is of type include. What could the problem be? I am using a variable as a dynamic text name but it seems to be pulling the text name correctly, according to the error message it is correct.

I just determined that it is because of the dynamic variable. I also just noticed that, when I use a text node, the graphic comes out as numbers instead of a graphic. I then tried to use a graphic node but it errors out. Can you not use a text include to display a graphic from SO10? All of our company logos are graphics stored in SO10.

Regards,

Davis

Message was edited by:

Davis

Message was edited by:

Davis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Translate in Upper Case the name.

Probably you're filling the variable with zhex-macro-sap-carlisle-052305, but you have to pass <b>ZHEX-MACRO-SAP-CARLISLE-052305</b>

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Max, I didn't think about the upper case thing. Do you have an answer as to why it doesn't display an image?

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe you should load the image as GRAPHIC (trx SE78), I've never used a standard text to show an image in a smartform (in sapscript only).

I believe only the format GRAPHIC can be used to show an image (but I'm not sure about this).

There are several things work for sapscript and doesn't work for smartform, I can only suppose the reason is technical problem.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Max, thanks for the info. So SE78 is where the graphics are stored? I will have to look into that.

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes it is, there you can load and see the image loaded as graphic.

The problem is there's no chance to convert an image from standard text to graphic, it can only use the original file: BMP or TIF.

Max

Answers (0)