Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About role export and import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are in upgrade from 4.6c to ecc6.0. we are trying to export roles from old system to new system, downloding from old system is fine Iam anble to upload to new system, is there any version problem, I did this 4.6 to 4.6 previously.

praveen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preveen,

I've solved the problem several months ago. As I remember the basis problem was a unicode missmatch.

When the file selection screen appears you have to change the PARAMETER setting to either:

(Default - ANSI for Unicode systems) or (Default - UTF8I for Unicode systems)

Kind regards,

Claudia

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

What is error/problem you are getting if you could explain in detail it could help.

Cheers

Soma

0 Kudos

I am getting error while uploading is ' the file doesn't contain any valid data'.

plz give me the solution.

thanks for ur reply,

praveen

0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Are you saving your files in Excel file (.xls) format? If not then try that .

Regards.

Ruchit.

0 Kudos

Hi,

It was stored automatically, It is not asked to store in perticular format, is there any option for that? thanks for ur reply.

cheers,

praveen

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Could you download once more and try again to upload.

Sometimes roles will not be dowloaded properly.

Cheers

Soma

0 Kudos

Praveen,

When you are about to save ( Or download ) the role to your local system; it will take the name as <Role name>.SAP

You just change the extension .SAP to .xls and save it.

And upload this file to the target system and check.

-

Shamish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preveen,

I've solved the problem several months ago. As I remember the basis problem was a unicode missmatch.

When the file selection screen appears you have to change the PARAMETER setting to either:

(Default - ANSI for Unicode systems) or (Default - UTF8I for Unicode systems)

Kind regards,

Claudia

0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

Thanks a lot, My problem was solved with your suggession.

Kind regards,

praveen