cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

selecting value from the LinkToAction in table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 5 columns in table.(flightid, source, country1, destination, country2)

i have added LinkToAction as cell editor in flightid column.

when i click a particular flightid, it should pass that corresponding flightid to the next table.

i have to write code in the event of LinkToAction only and i have to use this LinkToAction as reference to select this key field.

I should not use firstcolumn of table to select the flightid or as a reference to get flightid.

I should not use getLeadSection method.

How ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The WDEVENT is of the type CL_WD_CUSTOM_EVENT , and if you see the methods and attributes.You will see , GET_CONTEXT_ELEMENT ,where you will get the element selected.if you are specfic about the attribute , you can use GET_DATA , which return the value of selected attribute.

Thanks

Anzy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have wdevent as a parameter in the event handler. Doing a wdevent->get_context_element( 'CONTEXT_ELEMENT' ) will return you the reference of the element on which the link was clicked. Then do a get_static_attributes to get values of each field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mog,

In the action handler method of linkToAction uielement, have the following code.

element= wdevent->GET_CONTEXT_ELEMENT( 'CONTEXT_ELEMENT' )

Using this element you can get whatever the attribute value you want.

Thanks,

Prashanth

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mog,

In the WDEVENT , the selected alltributes will be available , you dont have to do the lead selection.

Thanks

Anzy