Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

When accessing SQ00 T.Code by a particular user ,it says

<b><b>"User PADAIR is not assigned to any User Group".</b></b>

Note : I have assigned The User(PADAIR) to the User Group in T.code SQ03.

Pls Let me know if Iam missing any important step.

Thanks In Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No i think that is the correct way of going for it.

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please could you let me know the process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

1) SQ03 : Here u define a User Grp which is a set of all users who will be authorized to execute the report. So assign ur user ID to this USER GRP.

2) SQ02 : Here u define the infoset i.e. information set means u will provide information here that from which tables you need to select the fields or if tables and joins are not used then from which LDB u want to cull out the reports.So u specify it here.

So watever u choose here will be selected as an information to display in the report. And generate it.

Once above two steps are done then before going to SQ01 you have to again go to the SQ01 and assign the infoset created in SQ02 to USER GRP created in SQ01. Then go to step 3.

3) SQ01 : Here you execute the report on the basis of selection given in SQ02.

Now u have options here in order to make the report more interactive more lively by coloring or by making them bold and u can select the columns in a drag and drop fashion among all the fields u have given as a selection criterion while creating Infosets. As u might not want to include some details in the report which are necessary for culling out data in SQ02 while creating Infosets.Like Key fields are inevitable for joins bt u dont want them in report then u can easily remove them here.

http://www.sap-img.com/abap/what-is-sap-queries.htm

Create Functional Area

In the functional area section, the user indicates from which part of the SAP database the data is going to be retrieved and how the data is to be retrieved by the query. One functional area can be assigned to many user groups. A functional area can be created with or without a logical database. To create a functional area with a logical database, one has to mention the name of the database and then select the fields from the tables that form the logical database.

ABAP Query Authorizations: To use an ABAP query, the user must have appropriate authorizations. Two ways of providing authorizations to the users are as follows:

- User groups

The user should be a part of at least one user group to run the corresponding ABAP query. This automatically restricts the access of the user to specific functional areas, and thus the corresponding underlying logical databases.

- Authorizations

The authorization object S_QUERY should be used to give proper authorizations to the user for a query. This authorization object has a field named ACTVT which can take values 02 for Change, 23 for Maintain and 67 for Translate.

This value determines whether the user can create and modify the query. The possible authorizations in the object are as follows:

S_QUERY_ALL Change, maintain and translate query

S_QUERY_UPD Change and Translate

CHeck http://www.sappoint.com

and also check : http://www.onestopsap.com/SAP-Tips/

It has good document for SAPQuery.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have assigned the user to a User group (In SQ03) ,still it is throwing the error....