cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel Upgradation information rerquired

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am planning to upgrade kernel but I cannot find free space in tmp directory.

1. If I copy kernel file to /usr/sap/Trans directory and then uncar after I will copy those files from /usr/sap/Trans/EPS/in directory to /exe/run directory?

2.I have already free space in /oracle/(sid)/sapdata6 directory. If I create a new temp directory and uncompress all kernel files next I will copy to /exe/run directory.

Are the above scenarios are good. Please give your valuable suggestions.

Regards

Nani.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i Said about creating exe, that would be exe.new and it would be in the same path of Exe with which the System is running .

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this Case, i would Copy the .SAR files to sapdata or some other file system where i have space , and then create a Directory exe, and copy these .SAR files in the exe and uncar them and then Stop SAP and DB, take a backup of the current exe and startup with the New Exe.

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go with second option.

Check out this weblog it will show u the process how to apply /people/thomas.jung/blog/2006/07/03/apply-support-packages-to-the-sdn-abap-as-sneak-preview

Note: Points always encourage me to reply!!

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The space where you unpack doesn´t mind, just make sure, you make a backup copy of the old kernel before you copy them over.

--

Markus