cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM interfaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

i am wondering which interfaces exactly i can use to set up communication between MDM and other systems WITHOUT using XI.

As far as i understood, the minimal MDM system landscape is just the MDM Server plus database and a few clients such as data manager, import manager, etc. Now, if i do not want to use XI as an intermediate system, which interfaces help me to import and syndicate master data to other systems (probably only be SAP systems)?

Flat files?

ABAP?

WebServices?

What else?

Regards,

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

you can use the ABAP API for a tight integration of SAP systems and MDM as well. ABAP API offer a wide functionality starting from repository creation, import and export data, matching and so on...

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you all very much!

So we can consider flat files and ABAP API as interfaces between MDM and SAP systems. What about Web Services? is that only useful when XI is involved?

What about COM and Java? Does that work just as well?

Regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Webservices can be used even when you don't want XI on your landscape. Any webservice client will be able to access the SAP MDM webservices from its WSDL

Java API can be use as well to access the MDM repository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Indeed you can integrate your MDM using different means, however the main questions are: how many systems and interfaces would you like to integrate, and which sorts of systems should be integrated.

If you have more than one or two systems, it may become quite expensive to keep the maintenance of custom developments based on P2P connections. In that case the best is to use XI, or equivalent and figure out the best way to integrate MDM to the EAI.

If you would like to build a "tandem" SAP ECC-MDM, than the best solution is definitively to use the ABAP APIs. If this tandem is an Application Server based on J2EE than the Java APIs, ... and so-on.

Regards, jc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As MDM syndicates the files in flat and XML format, would suggest you to use flat file for SAP systems which can take these files through upload programs/ LSMW.

Regards,

Madhu