cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Ibase/components with one change request / interfacing Lotus Notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Scenario:</b> Our users post all their software change requests (not only for SAP) into an application based on <b>Lotus Notes</b>. Professionals of the IT department evaluate the requests and make a offer for each of the change requests. The users may (or may not) accept the offer and place an order - all this in Lotus Notes, and not only for SAP.

If that order is confirmed and points to the SAP environment, <b>Lotus Notes automatically must involve Solution Manager</b> by calling a rfc-enabled function module in the Solution Manager system. This function module has to create a Solution Manager Change Request (simulating CRMD_ORDER transaction) together with its maintenance cycle, task list and transport request.

<b>Problem:</b> One of the problems is, that Lotus Notes change requests for SAP environment often require <b>changes to multiple logical components</b>, like R/3 plus BW plus CRM.

<b>Question:</b> The question is, how to create a Solution Manager Change Request for multiple components? This is caused by the restriction of the input screen of CRMD_ORDER which allows <b>only one Ibase/component assignment</b>.

Do you already have worked on this or any idea that might help? I would appreciate very much if you would share your expertise. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiner,

The work around that I use is in my maintenance project I have added all the logical components that I will have to work with.(R/3, ECC 6.0, BW etc..) This way, when I created the Maintenance cycle, my task list had all of these systems/clients in it.

The only hick is that in the CRMD_ORDER transaction, you only can put one ibase component.

The above mentioned solution works if you combine all your systems into one maintenance cycle.

let me know if this sheds any light for you.

Salpi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No further interest in this topic.