cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to configure pricing in following way.

If sales doc. date is before 1st July 2007 and billing will happen after 1st July 2007 then system should pick 5% tax.

If sales doc. date is after 1st July 2007 then in billing system should pick 7%.

We are using condition type to pick up tax.

This requirement came because from 1st july tax rate is getting change from 5% to 7%

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are few points to be considered here.

1. Please check which date pricing date is picking , it is defined in VOV8, in section Prop.f.pricing date

2. Pricing condition records are base on this pricing date and not sales order date,

if you want this to be sales order date then configure the same in VOV8, if your business approves them.

3. Else no configuration is required you can define in condition record that from 1st July 2007 -7% , and check the same in transactions, but if it doesn't come properly then check the pricing date, you will get the clue and also do check pricing condition analysis.

Regards

Jitesh

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

If you maintain the condition records as per the validity periods in vk11 (create) or vk12 (change) then the system will pick the tax records as per the sales order date. You must maintain in vov8 the pricing date should be the sales order date.

If i am wrong please correct me.

thank you

sreeram.v.s.k.prakash

former_member198268
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I hope u r talking about Singapore budget change.

In this scenario normally during sales order creation if it's after ast July then system will need to pick new tax rate as 7%.

for this maintain condition record in VK11 with customer tax classification combination with the Valide start date as 1st July.

But if u create any Creditmemo or Debit memo with reference of the Old documents then system need to capture 5% for this you have two options.

1. In copy control change the pricing type as fixed or

2. During the Credit memo creation change Alternative tax classification as 'B'.

(Maintain condition record with tax classification 'B' the old tax rate.

BR

Vijji

former_member194164
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Have you tried what i suggested. please update is your problem has been solved or yet you are struggling?

regards

vikas chhabra

former_member194164
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit

In this case you have to maintain two condition records

(1)VK11-->ENTER RATE (as 5%), & ENTER "VALID FROM" DATE (like 01/04/07 , the date on which 5% tax became applicable) . no need to enter "valid to" date as when you press enter system will automatically pick 31/12/9999 as valid to date.

(2)now maintain second record again in VK11--> ENTER RATE (as 7%) & ENTER "VALID FROM" DATE as 01/07/07, & press enter. system will pick valid to date as 31/12/9999 as default.

so whenever you will create a sales doc before 01/07/07 system will pick 5% tax & whenever you will create a sales doc on or after 01/07/07, system will pick 7% tax.

you should not use VK12 in such scenarios.

regards

vikas chhabra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit,

In your case, what should we do for previous

condition records with the same combination

of tabls?

former_member194164
Active Participant
0 Kudos

the previous condition record is stored in the system so that in case of sales doc whenever needed to be created in back date(before 01/07/07), system should pick 5%tax because on that date tax rate was 5% so system needs that data(till period is closed & do not allow back date creation of sales docs)

vikas chhabra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try below this ,

maintain condition table with fields of sales doc date, and maintain condtion records according to that.

let me know is it any other possiblity .

Reward if it helps.

Regards,

Hari Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Condition type controls we have field changes which can made you maintain manual changes are allowed .

Copy controls b/w sales documents to billing documents maintain G tax condition redetermained .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

It is just a matter of maintaining Condition Record for relevant Tax Condition Type in VK11 / VK12.

You maintain condition record & validity accordingly.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey lets take.

Sales order date 25/06/2007

Billing date 02/07/2007

In this case i need 5% tax to get picked.

sales order date 01/07/2007

billing date 05/07/2007

In this case i want 7% to get picked.

How will i maintain validity period