cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical background: Synchronisation and deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

Can anybody tell me how exactly synchronistation and deployment works on an 2004s system using MI 7.0

how does the client called the wrapped functions created by me_wizard.

is it a direct call to the abap stack or is the java stack used?

I am interested in all this stuff.

Philipp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sandeep_rs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

In 2004s stack, MI client directly calls the ABAP stack and there is no java stack involved. Not too sure about the exact wrapped fucntions called though.

Best Regards,

Sandeep

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

does this jco connection in MI 7.0 comes directly from the client?

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp

In MI 7.0 JCO connections are never made use of at all. Instead there is another component in SAP known a Internet Communication Framework (ICF) which is made use of. The ICF has the capability to accept and process requests coming from HTTP protocol. MI 7.0 has ABAP Sync Service in the middleware which is a replacement for Java Sync Servlet. This service will internally make use of ICF and then the data exchange between the client and server will take place through this.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sivakumar,

it was helpful indeed.

So a typical synchronisation step would look like this.

Cient logic...

There a Container is created and sent out using a https request.

1. this request is sent to abap sync service

2. this request is sent to icf

1. the abap sync service calls the icf

2. the icf calls the abap sync service.

Which version is right? 1 or 2? 2 makes more sense

What is happening afterwards.

the abap sync service calls the synchronisation layer which reads the container, the mapping tables and routes the request to the wrapped function. receives the data, put the data into the outboundcontainer and sends it out?

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I had a small clarification from many days.

In MI7.0 if java stack is not present, then where is NWA located which is used to assign,deploy applications.

Without NWA we cannot assign applications to the devices.

Where is NWA present?

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

after creation of a datacontainer, where is this container sent to? directly to the abap stack?

In the Technical Infrastructure Guide for the 2004 version i found some images showing how synchronisation works, but they are not up to date anymore.

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

In MI 2.5..When the containers are created and released for synchronization through http/https connection...these will go to ABAP stack through JCO connection (WAF_MW_SYNC function modules is used). There in ABAP stack the data containers are opened and based on the function module alias name it would call the respective function modules.

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

When the client creates data containers it can set the processing of synchronization type..

is it synchronous or asynchronous.

Based on that synchronization works, if it is asynchronous there will be processed via WAF_MW_MAPPING.

These will be stored in Inbox of the server for furthur processing.

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hofmann,

According to my knowledge in MI7.0 ABAP stack is used for synchronization not the Syncservlet.

But deployment is done in NWA only.

We used to deploy applications to the client through Webconsole in MI2.5, but in MI7.0 no Webconsole exists.Deployment is done using NWA.

Assigning of applications to client is done by NWA.

Deployment of addons,creame,applications to NWA through SDM tool.

<<how does the client called the wrapped functions created by me_wizard.>>

In Generic synchronization datacontainers are created from the client and this containers contains Header and body..header consistes which fiunction module to call (its an alias name).

In me_wizard we wrapp the function module and give the same alias name to the function module (as in client).

When we generate me_wizard....entries are made into BWAFMAPP,MEMAPPDEST tables.

When client sync based on these tables entries the respective function modules are called.

Cheers,

Karthick

So when ever there is a change in the function module to be called just change the name from the table BWAFMAPP