cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to skip a blank row in File Sender Adapter - while mapping ?

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friends ,

While i am reading a test file it contains some Blank Lines i need to skip that blank lines and i have to read only full line .

Do i need to give any configuration in File Sender Adapter ?

Expecting your reply asap

Best Regards .,

V.Rangarajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Where does those blank line occur in the text file?

If they occur somewhere in the middle of the text file theres nothing much you can do. You can ignore the same in mapping or use module .

Regards,

Sumit

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Hi friends ,

While i am reading a test file it contains some Blank Lines i need to skip that blank lines and i have to read only full line .

Do i need to give any configuration in File Sender Adapter ?</i>

>>>>

currently the only option that the file adapter provides you is to skip lines at the starting of the file but not in the middle of the file.

in case these blank lines are at the starting of the file then you can use the following option

<i>Under Document Offset, specify the number of lines that are to be ignored at the beginning of the document.

This enables you to skip comment lines or column names during processing. If you do not make an entry, the default value is zero lines.</i>

Ref: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm

else the best way would be to handle the same in your mapping (test if the xml node is empty, in tht case do not map it) or use a module to delete all blank lines in the file.

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sabrish ,

Sorry ! That is not File Sender . That is a Mail Sender Adapter . I am reading an attachemnet . Using xslt i am transfering to my required format .

Best Regards.,

V.Rangarajan

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not sure abt which parameter in CC will help here but eitehr u can check in module by writing some peice of code that would delete banl line or check in UDF that would ignore bank nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

plz chk this, it may help you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm

&#9679; Under Document Offset, specify the number of lines that are to be ignored at the beginning of the document.

This enables you to skip comment lines or column names during processing. If you do not make an entry, the default value is zero lines.

regards

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If u r using flat file, u could use the "Document Offset" parameter of File Content Conversion. There u can specify the row count that u want to skip.

Regards,

Prateek

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using Content Conversion or are you talking abt an Empty XML tag?

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kantilal ,

I am using XSLT Transformation to get ny required format .

Regards .,

V.Rangarajan

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at normalize-space funtion of XSL mapping

Regards,

Prateek