Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File 2 File scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario look like this...

At the receiver end is file adapter.What we want is if file exist in that server then file should not be overwrite.

In file adapter configuration...

Processing Parameter>File construction mode(Create)>uncheck(Overwrite Existing file)-->so on.

But i saw that still file is overwrite.

P.S. File 2 File scenario(no mapping involved).

Regards,

Samarjit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dey,

When you select File Construction Mode to Create then every time new file gets created after the specified poll interval. File can be ovewrite only when the Overwrite Existing File check box is marked else the file will be created new at every execution.

To check that file is getting ovewrtite or not, you change some value in the file at sender end and then check again.

Regards,

Subhasha

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samarjit,

Are u sure file is getting overwrited. Go to RWB check the comm.channel for this particular receiver comm.channel, I think it won't. If you have a look at sap help<b><i>

Select Overwrite Existing File if you want to overwrite the existing file. If you do not set the indicator, processing is stopped until the created file is processed.</i></b>

Hence ,kindly have a look at the component monitoring of this comm.channel and reply back.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your quick reply...But i checked everything including RWB.I am quite sure that file is overwritting, b'coz when i saw the file in that server the time of creation was changed every time.

Regards,

Samarjit