cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC->Imported Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is RFC (R/3 4.7) to JMS. In this case, we have imported a custom RFC under the Imported Objects. Also, we generated an XSD schema similar to RFC structure and imported it into the External Definition. Now that my source structure (RFC) and the target structure (XSD schema) is ready.

We skipped Data Type and Message Type creation as it is not required.

We created a Outbound Async Message Interface for the source structure and pointed the RFC which was imported in the Imported Objects.

We created a Inbound Async Message Interface for the target structure and pointed the imported XSD which is in the External Definition. But while selecting it was showing Z_RECEIPT.Output and Z_RECEIPT.Input. Please let me know which one to choose. I chose Z_RECEIPT.Output. Is this right.

Thereafter, the Message Mapping and Interface Mapping were created and rest of the Directory configurations are also done.

Kindly let me know whether the above steps are right.

Krishnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read in some of the forum replies that we need not create a Message Interface for RFC as RFC itself is an interface. In that case, how will it determine whether it is Outbound or Inbound and Async or Sync.

Krishnan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As this is an Asynch scenario --> RFC to JMS,

you will need to create a Outbound Asynch Message Interface and inbound Asynch Message Interface and use this with the corresoponding RFC strcuture which you can just drag and drop ( no XSD needed ).

If it were a synch scneario you need to have create the message interface but for an Asynch you need to do this.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

You always deserve full points.

If we create a OB Async Message Interface and IB Async Message Interface for the same RFC, won't this show a error in Directory as "No sender agreement found".

Because in one of the forum threads, it was suggested that if we create OB Message Interface for a imported RFC, the result would be "No sender Agreement found" and they have asked to remove the OB Message Interface in the sender agreemtn and refer it to RFC directy and the appropriate namespace of RFC.

Krishnan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will not get such a error. Must be a wrong answer.

Just make sure you create the appropriate Sender Agreement.

In the Report to trigger the data to XI, you need to call the RFC in BACKGROUND TASK.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Bhavesh,

thanks for the explanation. but do comment on Raj's reply. i am unable to understand.

i herewith close the thread and award points.

krishnan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj's answer I guess was for a Synchronous Scenario,.

For Asynch you would need to follow my instructions.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

krishnan,

The target structure Z_Receipt.output and Z_Receipt.input refers to the input structure to JMS am I right? See In the above either one will be request and the other one will be response. Henc I think we can't suggest you to choose Z_Receipt Input or Output, juzt consult with the receiver party owner(in your case JMS) and ask them what JMS expects as the input.Once u got it u can map the source RFC to the target Z_Receipt IN/OUT as you got the feedback from system owner.

Best regards,

raj.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need not create an XSD. Just use the Same RFC as the message type for the Source and Target. Message for both the Message Interfaces.

Regards

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

If we use the same RFC for both source and target how will XI determine Inbound/Outbound and Async/Sync.

Also a point to note, sender is RFC - so I will use a RFC adapter. Receiver is a JMS - so i will use a JMS adapter. In that case if i use the same RFC for both source and target, how will JMS adapter understand.

Awaiting your expert guidance.

Krishnan