cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text wrapping in table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a table and i want a column to have text wrapping.i am not able to make the column as text edit.I dont want it to be text view as i want that column to be editable.

Any ideas anyone?

PS:points will be rewarded for helpful answers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot set the cell editor to text edit unfortunately. You can get all possible cell editors by going to SE24 and do F4 on Object type CL_SALV_WD_UIE*

A solution to your problem would be displaying the text as textview (and use the method SET_WRAPPING to wrap or in case of a normal table mark the wrapping boolean) and add a button which popups a text editor. Of course this will need some programming efforts (creating new view and plugs, fetching selected column, linking context etc.).

I hope this will point you in the right direction.

With kind regards,

Roel van den Berge

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

but this is not the desired behaviour..hence i will stick with inputfield itself i guess

Former Member
0 Kudos

increasing the length will not cause wrapping to happen.I want WRAPPING to happen when the text exceeds the limit.In my scenario it is of 255 length.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Input field is only for single line text. You cannot have wrapping in it. Why aren't you able to set the editor as text edit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

coz on selecting the text editor ...it causes a dump in the abap webdyn pro screen

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Use input field and increase the length of the field.

Thanks

Anzy