cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

substitute n forwarding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I know that there is no standard out of the box functionality to do this, hence please give your input as to how(custom development) we can accomplish the below requirement:

1.] In a substitution process,how can we incorporate the rule that "<u>only users at the manager's level or higher than the manager can act as substitutes'.</u>

Right now,all users in the system are being pulled up by the system as a substitute.

2.]If a shopping cart is awaiting approval..and the manager is unavailable to approve, then the <u>user with the administrator role can forward the shopping cart</u> to another approver.How does the adminstrator accomplish this?

Steps to forward the shopping cart as an admin?Does the admin log on as the manager?

Points for even showing me the right direction:).

Atul,Ramki,Disha et all.....plzzz....share your views....for either of the questions.

Trey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Please go through this -></b>

<u>Substitution of work item processor:- </u>

The logic used in prior releases did not support the definition of a document creator or a previous approver as a substitute for the leave. The above persons could not be used as a substitute since they were entered in the list of excluded agents and the dispatch of work items was rejected for them by the workflow system.

<u>Related links -></u>

OSS Note 552168 - EBP: Mail system group and automatic forwarding

OSS Note 606824 - Excluded agents in Release SRM 3.0/ EBP 4.0

Do let me know.

Regards

- Atul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! Your inputs helped me.

T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Soln 1:

Check this post :

Soln 2:

In the 'Approval' transaction, the manager can see an option to add 'Substitute'. He can add another user as substitute and also valid dates (his leave period).

This link will also answer your queries.

Another useful link:

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.