cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport question - one more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to transport the objects (either RFC function module or custom program) to any system. Right now, I have defined the target system, transport route (from and to system) to transport from one system to another. The requirement is, I don't want to specify the target system when I am doing the export / transport.

At the same time, is it possible to do import to any other target system (by using the exported files) , (copying the export files at the OS level ok) later?

I know this is kind of weird, but the requirement from the client is like that. Have anyone done like this in the past? Please let me know.

Regards,

Sundar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

So do you mean to say although you release the Transport Request , you did not find the files at OS level.

This happens if the TR is a local change request and not pointed to any Target system.

Thanks,

Tanuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right. Once the Release the transport request , you can copy the Data file and cofile corresponding to the Transport request to the Corresponding folders in the target system.

In Target system

STMS

Extras>Add>Other Request

Give the Transport request number.

Now you can import....

Thanks,

Tanuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did exactly the same. Except that I don't see the export files at OS level. Even the export log doesn't have the information of export, no wonder no data and co files. Any idea?

Regards,

Sundar.