cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Can anyone tell me why a header only condition can not be assigned an access sequence? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yozi,

Just for your information,the same thing applies to group conditions also.

Value of group condition is divided amongst all the items and the value of header condition will remain same for all the items.

If the header condition value is 20 and you have 2 line items then the value 20 will be allocated to both the line items but in case of group conditions it will become 10 each.

Regards

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

Does that mean Header condition types (item condition switch is not chosen) can only be manually maintained in the order? Is there a possibility to design an automatic Header condition type that applies to whole document but not related to any item? Still confused, please offer hints.

Reward points. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Header conditions need to maintained manually in the sales order. As Header Conditions dont have access sequences , u cannot maintain records for them in vk11. U need to process them manually in the sales order.

If any doubt plz let me know,

Reward points if it helps

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai,

header conditions appplies to the whole document ,it specifically cant be assigned to any Itam. In the sales process, system sums up all the respective item conditions to the header condition.

in sales docs ,pricing is maintained for each line items, so the total of all the line items sums up the header level.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts, Folks and Friends,

Thanks a million! All you said is correct and I know that. However do examine my question again. Why does SAP not have an function to enable Automatic Header Only condition that has nothing to do with line items? I mean Automatic.

Freight condition is at item level however you group the condition. Minimum order AMIW is at item level. Free Goods item level. EDI1, KP01 can be at header level but not the one I can borrow.. SAP doesn't have automated header-only condition. Yes but Why? I was wondering how to do the following without having to edit abap:

Case1: within a validity, no matter what customer, how many line items, how many of quantity, a gift is granted.

Case2: no matter what, if a total value is reached, a fixed coupon is automatically issued. If another certain value reached, a lucky draw enabled. it is not a sales deal.

Case3: no matter what, a weekend/holiday surcharge automatically applies....

Be there a header condition that can peg these factors not limited at item level, how easy would that be? Surely SAP already took all common business into account, so why did not they have this?

Please give me a light on this and have reward points instantaneously.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yozi,

Header conditions are related to whole document not for the individual item or peritcular Customer , which has to be entered manually while creating a sales order. So there is no need to assain access sequence in Header conditions.

Regards,

Durga Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

header conditons are manual conditions and do not store any conditon records.

because of not having any conditon records it does not have access sequence.

and header conditions will applies to all items in the sales order.

if it helps u reward points to me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Winstini Yozi

Difference between header and item condition - as YOU CORRECTLY SAID HEADER CONDITION IS APPLICABLE FOR THE WHOLE DOCUMENT where as item is for item.Ex-Say fright is dependent on the total weight of all the items in the documents then header condition adds on weights of all items and calculates the record accordingly.

You have two different types of the header conditions.

a) In one you can duplicate the same value throughout the document for each item.Say discount 2% at header level which is also applicable to all the items

b)Second is the accumulation of the values of all the item at the header level,as earlier explained for the weight/fright.

These differenes are controlled through the indicator of group condition in the cond.type configuration.

And so obviously header condition can not have the condition record and hence access sequence.

Regards,

Hari Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi yozi,

Header condition is applied to whole document that is it applies to all the item lines in the document. So there is no need to give any condition record for that condition type and so it doesn't require any access sequence. Hope this helps you orelse ask clearly again.