cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search help does not show hit list

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have added a search help to my Webdynpro ABAP application but the hit list won't show up. Can someone help me figure out where the problem is?

From my WDA application I call the BAPI_APPROVE_TRIP. I have added the Search help named "PREM" to the context node "EmployeeNumber" (of type "BAPIEMPL-PERNR"). The Input Help Mode for this context node = Dictionary Search Help

I am able to launch the selection screen of the search help, but, when I run the query, instead of showing the hit list, I get an error message saying "Select exactly one row in the value list to copy the value". No rows show up in the hit list.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mostly the search help is not working..either check the search help or you can create your own using OVS also..

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Seems like the problem with the search help, Please check whether its working or not.

Thanks

Anzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you bound the dictionary help to the structure from which you are creating the context? If that is also done, run your search help separately and see if it fetches values. The search help definition itself could be incorrect.

Regards

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

the search help runs fine on its own.

what do you mean by "bound the dictionary help to the structure "? the context attribute I am trying to attach the search help to is of type BAPIEMPL-PERNR. BAPIEMPL is a structure.

and one other thing I noticed... I cannot attach the search help to the view context attribute, I can attach it only to the component controller context attribute (not sure if this matters at all).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I meant is, in the structure BAPIEMPL, have you specified the name of the search help for the field name? Only then it will show up.

You can attach search helps to view context also. However, if your context is in the component controller and you have only mapped it to your view, you need to set it at the component controller.

Regards

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

the BAPIEMPL does not have a search help attached to it. Neither does the BAPIEMPL-PERNR field. Do I need one? I have specified the search help in the "Dictionary Search Help" property of the context attribute. The search help selection screen show up fine, however nothing shows up in the hit list...

Former Member
0 Kudos

In se11, when you define your structure, the name of the search help should be specified in Entry help against the field PERNR. Only then when you mention the mode as dictionary search help, this will be fetched. Do it if you have not done already and try. It should work if your search help is individually fine.

Get back if you have any further doubt.

Regards,

Nithya

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Nithya, thanks for your input.

for me to add the search help directly to the field PERNR it means I need to do implement a coremod. I don't want to go there because this action may have other implications.

I actually realized that when using the property "Input Help Mode" with value "Dictionary Search Help", there is no need to have a search help attached to the field. I realized also that the search help works in webDynpro also, but it behaves differently, I have to press the Filter button in order to trigger the hit list. My bad for not seeing this. Again, thanks for your help.