cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need global mapping variables or a kind of this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an interface-mapping including a java-mapping (1st mapping) and a message-mapping (2nd mapping). The source message interface is an idoc.

IDoc --> Java-Mapping --> Message-Mapping --> Message XY

My problem is, that I need a data of the source-interface (Idoc) later in the message-mapping - but the java-mapping before generates a message structure without this data I need.

It is not possible for me to change the structure and I have no source code of this java-mapping.

Is it possible to define a message-mapping (before the java mapping) to save the data in a global variable - so I can read the global variable in a later message-mapping?

I read, that global variables just work inside the same message mapping - so I cannot take it - 'cause I have a java-mapping before

Any ideas?

Regards

Wolfgang Hummel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wolfgang,

Can u please clarify me? Do you want the global variables which has been created in one mapping program has to be accessed in another mapping program, is this your reqmt.

If yes, the global variables are not accessible across mapping programs.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

thx a lot.

Do you have any ideas how to solve my problem?

I need a kind of "global variables" or container to share the values across mapping programs.

Regards

Wolfgang

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wolfgang,

I really don't wht is the scenario u are using. But I can say its possible with BPM, without BPM i don't have idea abt it.

What i can suggest u is, u can Abs interface for the IDOC , create the container for same and use it in the BPM, hence u will get the IDOC structure for both the java as well as ur graphical mapping pgm.

Hi, If you think that BPM will not be a good option, can u tell us the exact scenario flow and what u want to do.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I have an "idoc to mail"-scenario.

We have to use a java-mapping but we have no source code of the java-mapping.

Source Interface: IDoc

Interface-Mapping contains one mapping:

1st Mapping: Java-mapping (no source code)

Target Interface: Message XY

Because of an error inside the java mapping, one element of the target message XY is empty (... and we have no time to wait some weeks till the code is changed).

The value, I need can be found inside the idoc (source message). Now I wanna add a Message-Mapping to read the value of the idoc and save it i a kind of "container". Afterwards the java-Mapping is called and later another Message Mapping follows inside the same interface-mapping to insert the idoc-value into the target structure XY.

But how can share the idoc value across different mappings?

A BPM is no solution for this scenario - the performance is to bad (we have a heavy load).

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Wolfgang

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wollfgang,

As an alternate , I guess you can write a Custom RFC that will insert the value from the Source in the first mapping, let the java mapping get executed and then in the second mapping use the RFC Lookup again to read the data from the the Table and pass it to the output.

Regards

Bhavesh

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

>>>>Because of an error inside the java mapping, one element of the target message XY is empty (... and we have no time to wait some weeks till the code is changed).

Why dont you take temporary a constant to fill that field? You are just waiting for 1. Mapping to be repared, so if that is done, just change the constant to a dynamic reading.

Regards,

Udo

Answers (0)