cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI7.0 and Netweaver Mobile 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I went through the architecture and functionalities of NW Mobile 7.1, it seems there is a huge difference from MI 7.0. I am in the process of implementing MTT 2.0 at the client. We are going with MI 7.0. MTR is a generic sync application and I am bit curious the way NW Mobile 7.1 is going to support it.

Is it adviceable to go directly with 7.1?

How difficult or easy to upgrade the MAM and MTT applications and the MI setup from 7.0 to 7.1? (smart sync & generic sync)

Is there any upgradation document available?

Thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KStrothmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Raj,

at this point in time NW Mobile 7.1 ist still in Ramp-Up. If you would like to implement xMTT 2.0 on 7.1 as of now you would either have to wait for the Ramp-Up to be finished or you would have to apply for the Ramp-Up and take part in it. Those are basically the options you have. So it's not a question of "is it advisable", it's more a question of "when does your customer want to go live" or "would they like to take part in the Ramp-Up".

xMTT 2.0 will run in the compatibility mode of NW Mobile 7.1. Since it is generic sync it is going to be straightforward to setup the system for xMTT. The application looks the same except for that there is an additional window for the compatibility mode.

NW Mobile 7.1 has a number of advantages over 7.0. Abdulla's blog is pretty accurate regarding these. The better sync is not going to make a big difference for xMTT, the new device management is a major step forward though. Especially since xMTT installations tend to be huge with ten thousands of users.

Hope this helps,

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karsten

Raj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajasekaran,

I dont think Mobile 7.1 will support Generic synchronization.

No more Generic synchronization in Mobile 7.1.

In MI2.5 and MI7.0 there is no multiple level for a syncbo..but here in Mobile 7.1 we have this facility.

Like in XI SWCV is here in Mobile 7.1 now.

According to me internal architecture might have got changed..for me almost the concept remains the same.....in Mobile 7.1.

I feel Mobile 7.1 would be fine with performance issues.

Lets see how it goes in future.

Cheers,

Karthick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick

If that is the case how the xMTT applications would be supported by Mobile 7.1, as they are generic sync application, and I guess there are few other generic sync applications.

Please clarify

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj, Karthik

It is not correct that Netweaver Mobile 7.1 will not support Generic sync applications. All existing SAP Mobile Applications, be it Generic sync or Smart sync will be supported by the Backward Compatibility layer of 7.1.

Hope this is clear.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought the same.

Thanks Sivakumar for clarifying

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone has instruction or guidline of how to instal Mobile 7.0? I want to install MAM 3.0 on NWS 2004s but don't know where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

Dai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

If you have your answer, would you please forward your finding to my email: dai.ly@ariston-inc.com.

I'm very interesting to see the feedback from others. Thanks.

Dai