cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data split in PSA datapackages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a huge initial load of data through PSA from one ODS to another, the problem is that this data is composed by System and MU records (system record: car, MUs: wheels, doors, motor,etc...) and systems have to be loaded with their respective MUs to keep the proportional factors (one car, 4 wheels for example).

As I have a start routine in the update rule, the PSA splits data into smaller datapackage for loading and System-MUs are cut.

My idea was to create several infopackages in order to load data in quantities smaller than the PSA size, but as it is an initial process I cannot perform any data selection in the infopackage.

Is this possible? Any other idea to load this data without loosing information?

Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by:

JSIES

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JSIES,

Let the initial data load come into PSA and then from PSA, you can actually load the data in small packets. In your info package, you can specify the size of packets and no. of packets. You don't have to use another infoPackage. Infact, you can set the size of each packet coming into BW.

This is more a BW question and you get the best and very fast answers if you post this in BI forum right next to this forum.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello JSIES,

If I understood your question correctly, you are finding a way to ensure that all MUs of a certain system is contained within a single package so that the computations that you perform in your startroutine will function correctly.

Unfortunately, there is no way to ensure this. Even if you specify a system and it's MUs in one infopackage settings (in the data selections tab), the data can still be split into different packages (.e.g wheels in one package, doors in one package). There is no way to tell which MUs will be in what package.

There are is a workaround however. You can read the data of the source ODS inside your startroutine. You can do this using function module RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ. You can then perform your computations based on what you have read from the function module.

Hope this helps.

Message was edited by:

Emmanuel Nepomuceno