cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the different values available for type attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working with IDOC to Stored Procedure. For each field we need to give the values for 'isInput' and 'type' attributes. I need to pass values for 'datetime' and 'numeric' fields. What are the list of values availabIe for 'type' attribute. I know only about 'CHAR' attribute.

Can anybody please tell me what all the values availabe for attribute 'type'. I am facing this problem while giving the value for type attribute.

Thanks in Advance,

Murthy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can find the list of types here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

under:

The following SQL data types are supported:

Regards,

michal

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does this help

tring

Data that contains a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters. String data types are listed below:

• CHARACTER: Fixed-length character strings. The common short name for this data type is CHAR.

• VARCHAR: Varying-length character strings.

• CLOB: Varying-length character large object strings, typically used when a character string might exceed the limits of the VARCHAR data type.

• GRAPHIC: Fixed-length graphic strings that contain double-byte characters.

• VARGRAPHIC: Varying-length graphic strings that contain double-byte characters.

• DBCLOB: Varying-length strings of double-byte characters in a large object.

• |BINARY: A sequence of bytes that is not associated with a |code page.

• |VARBINARY: Varying-length binary strings.

• BLOB: Varying-length binary strings in a large object.

• |XML: Varying-length string that is an internal representation |of XML.

Numeric

Data that contains digits. Numeric data types are listed below:

• SMALLINT: for small integers.

• |INTEGER: for large integers.

• |BIGINT: for bigger values.

• DECIMAL(p,s) or NUMERIC(p,s), where p is precision and s is scale: for packed decimal numbers with precision p and scale s. Precision is the total number of digits, and scale is the number of digits to the right of the decimal point.

• |DECFLOAT: for decimal floating-point numbers.

• REAL: for single-precision floating-point numbers.

• DOUBLE: for double-precision floating-point numbers.

Datetime

Data values that represent dates, times, or timestamps. Datetime data types are listed below:

• DATE: Dates with a three-part value that represents a year, month, and day.

• TIME: Times with a three-part value that represents a time of day in hours, minutes, and seconds.

• TIMESTAMP: Timestamps with a seven-part value that represents a date and time by year, month, day, hour, minute, second, and microsecond.

Regards

Ravi