cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Help for ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created an ALV on WDA and for one column I will create an value help. I have now the problem, that I can't recognize the row into which I can set the selected value after selection (lead selection doesn't work). Where I can see the row of the field, for which the value help was proceeded. I will use a freely programmed value help in the concerning attribute of the context. Have someone an idea, how I can solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for all, who have answered me on my question. I get all information, which I need over the attribute F4_CONTEXT_ELEMENT of the interface IF_WD_VALUE_HELP_LISTENER. With it I can check the row, in which I have to put in my result.

Best regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case of freely programmed help, in the event handler of the event VH_WINDOW_OPENED, you have a parameter F4_Context_element. That gives you the element on which the F4 was clicked. Do a get_static_attributes on that to get the values.

In case of OVS, use ovs_callback_object->context_element to get the element on which the F4 was done. Lead selection will not work in either case.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nithya

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

lead selection will not work, but you will get teh parameter in the WDEVENT right?

correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks

anzy

former_member215843
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting closer

There is no WDEVENT in the OVS callback, but you should have a deeper look at the attributes of the OVS_CALLBACK_OBJECT. Ther you will find the reference to the element and the attribute name.

Uding this technique, you can also use one OVS component usage for different value helps.

For self implemented value hlp, you will also find the context element and the attribute in method SET_VALUE_HELP_LISTENER as an attribute of the passed listener.

Ciao, Regina

mohammed_anzys
Contributor
0 Kudos

cool...thanks regina...