cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to influence the sequence of messages for an SD-shipment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using the message control to raise messages, whenever an SD-shipment is changed. Since I have to use several different messages, I'd like to control in which sequence theses messages are processed. But I did not find any possiblity to define that sequence. What I have found out so far is, that the processing of these messages depends on their name. That means, that a message from message type "A" is processed before a message of message type "B"? But is there no other possiblity to influence that sequence?

Please note, that I don't want to influence the sequence of the message determination - that sequence is customizable in the IMG.

Kind regards, Lars

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What timing do you use on your various outputs? Do you use RSNAST00 to process the outputs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using the form "EDI_PROCESSING" from report RSNASTED (I want to create some IDocs).

Kind regards, Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

So they are all medium 6 (EDI messages)? What about output timing, is it 4 or 1? If it is 1, you will still use RSNAST00 (which calls RSNASTED).

You can try playing with sort order in the output type or influence the sort order in include RSNASTZZ. Your output types must be sortable in the way your want if you are to use this user-exit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

all messages use EDI (6) as their medium. But output timing is 3, since I want to process the created IDocs immediately with my own function module.

But if you name your messages in an alphabetical order, they always get processed in that sequence. For example, message ABC1 is always processed before ABC2. But I'm still wondering, why there's no option to control the sequence how messages are processed. At least, it works for me.

Kind regards, Lars