cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user defined F4 help on a table control field

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i m calling table maintenance view on click of a button on module pool screen . i have 1 column internal table which has the contents of help to be displayed on 1 of the fields in table control . how to code and where?

i m using CALL FUNCTION 'F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST'

for user defined F4 help . but where exactly to code i dont knw.please help.

thank you.

Ajantha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inthe Module Pool Program, By Default the PROCESS BEFORE OUTPUT and PROCESS AFTER INPUT, at the same way we need to write the POV ...

As same as we need to write the POV enent manuvally, what you writen the Event will be work in the Report but that does not work in the Module pool Program you need to write PROCESS ON VALUE REQUEST

write as PROCESS ON VALUE REQUEST then under this write the Function module to call the F4 for that field

The Code should be like

PROCESS ON VALUE-REQUEST.
  FIELD <f> MODULE <mod>. --> " Double click it and write the Function module for this then the F4 help will come for this Field

Look at the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9f/dbaac935c111d1829f0000e829fbfe/content.htm

Regards

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

ur answer was helpful . now if i want to validate the data entered by user then where shd that check be done. and if user enters any other values other then the help values in the F4.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ajantha,

chk this demo program

<b>DEMO_DYNPRO_F4_HELP_MODULE</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i dont want on ABAP reports i want in module pool using table control .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to write the code in POV(Process on Value Request) to Trigger the user Defined F4 help for a field

Regards

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have used it in normal reports on POV request

but in module pool program it does not allow me

stmt

AT SELECTION-SCREEN ON VALUE-REQUEST FOR <field_name>.