cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal line in SMARTFORM - How?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a smartform with a main window. This main window consists of a Header, Body and Footer.

In the header I have the labels.

The body contains the line items.

Both header and body have the same structure, 5 columns.

Then, in the footer, I have the totals... This has a different line structure. Only three columns. And therein lies my problem.

The vertical lines are okay. But it still looks ugly because there is no horizontal line between the Body and the Footer.

<b>Is it possible to only add a single horizontal line in a table, before the footer?</b>

The issue is that I am in a table, and I am not allowed to use the Box and Shading options in a table... So I need to find another way.

Adding a Uline does not work because the length is wrong and it does not draw a continous line.

And yes, I do want to keep the header, body and footer together. Not a separate window for the totals.

Helpfull answers will be rewarded!

<i>Please do not post references to threads about checkboxes etc, because I already checked those, only answers that are really answers... And it's SMARTFORMS, not SAPScript.</i>

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To clarify:

The header, body and footer are in the same table. A table cannot contain lines, boxes, or shading. Except the standard 'Table patterns', but they are for the entire table. You cannot choose different ones for the header, body and footer... Unfortunately. To make it look nicely, I can only use the vertical lines from the standard 'Table pattern'. Then I need to create the horizontal lines, to separate the header, body and footer in another way.

This cannot be done with a line type, because a table cannot contain lines, boxes, or shading. SMARTFORMS does not allow me to check the 'Line' checkbox...

Using a textfield and adding &sy-uline& as a variable also does not work. That line is just too long. And not a continuous line.

I fear it is just not possible... For now I have had to creat a separate 'Totals' window. Although I do not like the fact that if the main table contains just a few items, the totals window is waaaaaay down the page and does not look part of the items...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can be solved by using Templates instead of Tables... Solved.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a tableline type and draw the horizontal and vertical line for the same as in the table area

This will draw a line same as table area

Regards

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you double click on the table that u have created, in Table menu, you will get "Details" button. Click on this.

Here you can specify the width of each cell in Units. (usually each cells width will be equal to your window size. ex: 18CM).

here specify:

Header - 3.6 cm each (5 columns)

Body - same as above

Footer - 6Cm each (3 Columns)

After this press on "Table painter" button. here you can maintain color and width for box.

This will solve your problem.

Reward Points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to create another table line with and use it in at end of Main area or starting of

footer area.just don't print any thing but check the lower frame button for that

tabel line.

they this it may help u...

Thanks

Dinakar.