cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is parameter mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Can some one explain me what is parameter mapping and in what scenarios we need to use it??.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Hi

Web Dynpro ParameterMapping API - IWDParameterMapping

The parameter mapping is an instance of the UI element event. Therefore, it is defined at UI element level. You describe the parameter mapping for a UI element event using the wdDoModifyView method (see also Event Parameter and Parameter Mapping).

Since the parameter mapping is defined at UI element event level, each UI element event has a corresponding mapping information. Therefore, each UI element that can trigger events returns the mappingOf<UIElementEventName> method. This method returns an instance of the IWDParameterMapping interface. A button UI element with the onAction event provides the mappingOfOnAction that returns the current parameter mapping for the button instance.

Event Parameter and Parameter Mapping

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2f/55f35ceb9ca9458598ba61a4ca2fbb/frameset.htm

This url links to a short pdf describing the Webdynpro Java

Go To Section 7.4 Parameter Mapping

"Inside WebDynpro Java" Pdf File 2.50 MB</b>

http://searchsap.techtarget.com/searchSAP/downloads/SAPPRESS.pdf

<b>Regards

Chandran</b>

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sapuser,

Parameter mapping in WD concerns to the sharing of the attributes and nodes

across the controllers as the request -response cycle is stateless over here the

only place to store the parameters is the context and if you require to share some of the values which was either fetched from the backend or entered in a particular

view you can share it across with the parameter mapping.This functionality was

developed to promote the modelling approach of S/w development.

Also it becomes very important in case of the view controller since the controllers

are private.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are confusing event parameter mapping with context mapping.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

I have a little doubt is the modelling not a very important consideration for introducing context mapping.

Regards

Amit

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The context mappping is for sharing data between two classes (infact objects).

All the controllers are basically classes (objects at Runtime). Each has context where the variable/attributes values is stored.

Regards,

Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

Well thats correct and that is exactly what I meant when i was talking about the sharing the data across the controllers(classes).Now here what I dont understand is how have I mixed up the event and context parameter in the above message posted by me.Please go through and let me know if there are discrepancies.

I would appreciate that because thats how people realize unknown concepts

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

The original poster wanted to know what (event) parameter mapping is. This has nothing to do with context mapping.

Event parameter mapping is about mapping the predefined UI element event parameters to action parameters, or about setting constant values for such parameters e.g. to identify the UI element that triggered the event.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos