cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagram View problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm working with SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio (version 7.0.06).

I was used to use the Diagram View to make the links between views - controller - model, but it doesn't work anymore.

I can see the diagram view, and make links, but i'm not able anymore to move my objects (view, controller,...). So all views are ones above the others, so it isn't possible to make links like that.

Does anyone have an idea to help me?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May b some .log files will be corrupted,

First Close your NWDS.

1) Go to NWDS installation directory, take a backup of your projects from the workspace and delete the .metadata folder from the workspace.

2) Then open the NDS, a new .metadata folder will be created and now you can try opening the NWDS it will open without error

3)Sometimes when your metadata of the NWDS is corrupted then your NWDS will not function properly.

4)Restart ur machine,then its works properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to delete the .metadata folder but i'm not that confident in the backup abilities of NWDS. I'm affraid of not being able to re-use perfectly a saved project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U try this nothing will happen,many times i done this because of NWDS not opening,save metadata not working etc.....for this type of problems.Take backup as zip file and do the steps what i said,then again unzip all files and put into workspace......surely it works...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once i too got the same problem... After restarting the machine, It works properly.

try to restart your system...

Urs GS..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Restart doesn't help.

So re-installing seems to be the only way, but then it will stay like that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u try the steps what i send yesterday.....u try that there is chance may it works.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

Well, deleting the .metadata file worked. Thanks everybody especially Surech for all your replies.

Question answered and a happy young consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Always welcome........

with cheers,

Suresh.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are not able to map due to overlapping of views then you have to do some juggling to find view and make the context mapping.

Or else you can close other perspective for now and increase the view area of Diagram view, so that you have more area and can separate the view for context mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's because ur NWDS is currupted. Reinstalling the NWDS will solve ur issue

Regards

Fahad Hamsa

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope there is another solution...

(but allready thanks for your reply)