cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all;

what could be the reasons that data load gets timeout. One of my cube 0BWTC_C03, when I am loading data it's getting timeout. It's statistics cube. Pls let me know..what are reasons that would cause the problems.

thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

incase you have not been able to solve this issue ... I hope the below input helps

i faced the same problem , the data was loading correctly in the development system but in quality system it was giving error because the table space allocated is less than the data that is getting loaded .

It is also clear from the explaination in ST22 mentioned earlier.

The solution that i had implemented was changing the design itself, so that the table space allocated increases.

Please check the abap code that you have written-

1. It might be going into an endless loop.

2. The code is multiplying the source data to an extent whicch is more than the table space alloccatedd tothe target.

3. Check the logic once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

I have come across this problem in production system.

1.Reason for this error occurring in production and not in development systems: The main reason might be due to the volume of data. In development server you will have very low data volume and the testing would be done for this low volume. So there are chances that the load will fail or end up in short dump in production system where there are usually millions of records.

2. Error analysis: Looking at the error message it is very clear that some internal table in the abap code is exceeding the memory limits . But this may be due to some endless loop within which the internal table is being populated in the ABAP code. So I suggest you go to the ABAP code and look for the code where this particular internal table is being populated.

One more suggestion: If the load is through PSA, the best way to debug the update rules/ tranfer rules is to right click on one of the datapackage and select the "Simulate Update " option. Then use the option Debug Update Rules/ Debug Transfer Rules. This will take you to debug mode and you can execute step by step and watch the internal table.

Hope this helps....

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hans,

Try the below options.

1. Load the data in background/OR

2. Writing an ABAP code in sources system and start the job for data load

3. Check some settings - time out...bw side.

regs,

mahantesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one confusion though;;how come it was loading fine in developing and this happened in productions? This is the origina problems..this cube has never been used becuse of this problems..and now they want to make a use of it. I don't know what else could be the problems.

Gandaki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gandaki,

This happens sometimes because after transporting the data target gets assigned to the default table space rather than the assigned table space..

So something that loads without problems in dev will have some problems in production.

Check the table space allocations in production with help of your basis team.

Ashish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case, I haven't work with DB2,, and was wondering if it's the problems with table space..they (DBA) should gets an alerts!! about this issues ..isn't it? Please clearify..Also all other statistic cubes are fine and problems are only with two OLAP 0BWTC_C02, and 0BWTC_C03 only. Please let me know how should I solve this..Basis guy response is if it's tablespace..DBA should get an alerts..:)

Gandaki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody here..Please help me here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hans,

Did you finally solve the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

Have you ever been able to solve this issue?

Your guess is problably right, I am facing the same problem now on a BW 3.1 system.

Best regards,

Ingrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error Says "Warning: EM-Memory exhausted: Workprocess gets PRIV " - Because I think it might be, that process becomes somewhat big and allocates whole extended Memory for it leaving nothing for the rest of the workprocesses which then turn into priv mode.

Please check the ST02 - maximum of the extended memory has been used, It will be 100% at the time the program is executed.

and the Program seems to be ended with " COMMIT_IN_PERFORM_ON_COMMIT" as it has no memory to Roll in or Roll out, and other processes are also canceled with " TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED" Run time error as No more storage space available with same error message as ""Warning: EM-Memory exhausted: Workprocess gets PRIV "

Please go throw these 2 notes pasted below

Note 750456 - ABAP dump MEMORY_GET_BLOCK_ADDRESS

Note 958541 - Error in internal storage administration (PAGING)

Increasing the SAP ztta/roll_extension Profile parameter value will help.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gandaki,

You will get some information throuhg Tcodes: DB02 and DB20.

And also search the topics(table space) in this forum u will get some more information.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I find what is the tablespace name for that cube? It seems like that t-code will give me some data. thank you for the all the good information.

Gandaki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems like problems with tablespace..,,I don't know where to find it and solve this problems. any thoughts would highly appreciated with points.

thanks/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gandaki,

Your basis guys should be able to help you with this..

Ashish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gandaki,

Check if you have got any dumps in ST22..

I also had a problem once when i had a never ending loop in my update rules..

Let us know ..

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all;

The error shown in the ST22 was like this: Please help me here.

-

The internal table (with the internal identifier "IT_304570884") could not be

enlarged any further. To enable error handling, the internal table had

to be deleted before this error log was formatted. Consequently, if you

navigate back from this error log to the ABAP Debugger, the table will

be displayed there with 0 lines.

When the program was terminated, the internal table concerned returned

the following information:

Line width: 944

Number of lines: 0

Allocated lines: 16

New no. of requested lines: 96 (in 6 blocks)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gandaki,

let us know what's the error message (class and number)...anyway, ask for some help from your basis team to verify if there is some table space issue (but I don't think so...)

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Roberto;

where do I find the class and number? I really have to solve this prob ..please help me kindly.

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the another details;

we first do delta init, and delta load weekly.., Please let me know what are the steps I should take to solve this prob;

-

Last error logged in SAP kernel

Component............ "EM"

Place................ "SAP-Server sapr34_p5_01 on host sapr34

(wp 2)"

Version.............. 37

Error code........... 7

Error text........... "Warning: EM-Memory exhausted: Workprocess gets PRIV "

Description.......... " "

System call.......... " "

Module............... "emxx.c"

Line................. 1752

The error reported by the operating system is:

Error number..... " "

Error text....... " "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error Says "Warning: EM-Memory exhausted: Workprocess gets PRIV " - Because I think it might be, that process becomes somewhat big and allocates whole extended Memory for it leaving nothing for the rest of the workprocesses which then turn into priv mode.

Please check the ST02 - maximum of the extended memory has been used, It will be 100% at the time the program is executed.

and the Program seems to be ended with " COMMIT_IN_PERFORM_ON_COMMIT" as it has no memory to Roll in or Roll out, and other processes are also canceled with " TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED" Run time error as No more storage space available with same error message as ""Warning: EM-Memory exhausted: Workprocess gets PRIV "

Please go throw these 2 notes pasted below

Note 750456 - ABAP dump MEMORY_GET_BLOCK_ADDRESS

Note 958541 - Error in internal storage administration (PAGING)

Increasing the SAP ztta/roll_extension Profile parameter value will help.