Wahts is T code SQVI?

How it is used?

Why it is used?

Plz explain me with example.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i wanna to know how basicmode works not layout mode.

sorry 4 wrong posting.

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can view yourself what is the difference

In Basis mode you get on right handside List selection, Sort Sequence, Selection field and Data Source,

You can change this parameters the way you want

In Layout mode, it shows how the real layout, after you execute the query it will work. it gives you header text, footer text, totalling, sorting options.

It is upto personnel choice, to use any one of this mode, you can get same result by using two different modes

Regards

Jitesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

10X EVERYBODY.

I UNDERSTAND IT

PLZ explain me basic mode and layout mode.

which mode is better and how to use layout mode

I saw the toolbox in layout mode and many foelds in it and i dnr know how to use all these.

Plz explain me with example.

Cheers

shAlsa007.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailes,

T Code: SQVI is used for Quick Viewer.

Please see the description below for more information.

The Quick Viewer, along with SAP Query, allows you to define reports without having to be able to

program. SAP Query is an extensive tool that allows you to construct complex reports in various

formats. The Quick Viewer, on the other hand, is designed to provide the inexperienced or

occasional user with a simplified tool that they can use to create reports for their own use.

The Quick Viewer allows you to select fields from a database table, logical database, or table join,

and create a report. You can use the WYSIWYG mode to place the fields in the report layout using

drag and drop, and edit them (for example, sort, summate, or add color) using toolbar functions.

Quick Views are user-specific, and can be transferred into SAP Query.

You can export Quick Viewer and SAP Query reports to external programs such as Microsoft Excel

or Word.

Hope this information is use ful.

Regards

jiteshmehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SQVI- is Quickviewer, you can create query, refering to SAP tables, i will

give you sample procedure for it

1. to SQVI give name in Quickview field --Z_SLS_ORD and click on create

2. Give title name - List of Sales Orders

3. In Data Source you have 4 options

A. Logical Database -Logical Databse already created for e.g. AAV is for Sales Documents(Orders)

B. SAP Query Infoset- You can also create Infoset Query's in SQ02

which can be used for multiple queries

C. Table - For One Table e.g. VBAK

D. Table Join.- For Multiple Table eg. VBAK & VBAP

We will select Table Option and give VBAK

4. Just under the data fields select the fields you need in Selection field (Fields you get when you run queries (e.g. in VA05 Sold-to , Material etc) and List fields(this are the fields which you get after you execute query)

5. After selecting just click execute, and check if it working properly

6 . Save and use as per your requirement

you can explore LDB, Table Join and Infoset Query on your own...

Regards

Jitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shailesh,

SQV1 is used to convert a QuickView into a query.

QuickViewer:

The QuickViewer allows you to define reports without having to program yourself. The QuickViewer is especially useful for new users and occasional use.

QuickViewer is a tool for generating reports. SAP Query offers the user a whole range of options for defining reports. SAP Query also supports different kinds of reports such as basic lists, statistics, and ranked lists. QuickViewer, on the other hand, is a tool that allows even relatively inexperienced users to create basic lists.

QuickView definitions are user-dependent. You can transfer a QuickView into SAP Query in order to make reports, for example, accessible to additional users, or to use the other functions available in SAP Query.

The following is a comparison of QuickViews and queries:

QuickViews possess the same functional attributes as queries. However, only basic lists may be defined with QuickViews.

In contrast to queries, no user group assignment is necessary with QuickViews. Each user has his/her own personal list of QuickViews. QuickViews cannot be exchanged between users. QuickViews may, however, be converted to queries and then be made available to other users in a specific user group.

InfoSets are not required for QuickView definition. Whenever you define a QuickView, you can specify its data source explicitly. Tables, database views, table joins, logical databases, and even InfoSets, can all serve as data sources for a QuickView. You can only use additional tables and additional fields if you use an InfoSet as a data source.

The QuickViewer uses various controls. Certain hardware and software requirements must also be fulfilled before you can use the QuickViewer.

To define a QuickView, you select certain fields according to your data source that determine the structure of your report. The report can be executed in basis mode with standard layout or may be edited using drag and drop and the other toolbox functions available in WYSIWYG mode.

Reports created using the QuickViewer may also be passed to external programs (Excel, for example).

Call the QuickViewer using System -> Services -> QuickViewer (or transaction SQVI).

Enter the name of the QuickView. QuickView names can contain a maximum of 14 characters.

Choose Create.

Enter a title for the QuickView and remarks, if you think they are relevant.

If you do not want to base your list on a table, use the possible entries pushbutton in the Data source field to select another data source. You can choose logical databases or InfoSets. In addition, you may also create table joins. For further information, see Selecting a Data Source.

Choose Basis mode if you want to create the list directly with no list design. Choose Layout mode if you want to define the layout of your list yourself.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d1/44f2b5c7f411d296080000e82de14a/frameset.htm

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to find which Table is used to generate a report by user or Plant wise or role wise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sailesh,

its a tool for query. Meaning, for reports with out coding. you can join two tables here and extract the data. Even am going out of time as we are in go-live phase,

else i would have prepared a document and send you. Anyways, am sure SD gurus must have this in PDF format, hope they will send u across.

thanks,

anil.