cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Process Option for Optimization in Background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am testing the SNP Optimizer with various settings this week on demo version from SAP for a client. I am looking for information that anyone might have on the SNP Parallel Processing Option in the execution of the Optimizer in the background. The information that I could find is very thin. I would be interested in any documentation or experience that you have.

Sincerely,

Michael M. Stahl

michael_stahl@optimieron.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

While running the transaction /SAPAPO/SNPOP - Supply Network Optimization in the background, In the variant of it you can enter Parallel Processing profile in the field Paral. Proc. Profile.

This profile you will require to define in the Customization(SPRO) before use it in the variant.

Path to maintain it is as below Use transaction SPRO

Advanced Planning and Optimization --> Supply Chain Planning -->Supply Network Planning (SNP) --> Profiles --> Define Parallel Processing Profile

Here you will require to define your profile... e.g. as below

Paral. Proc. Profile SNP_OPT

Description SNP OPTIMIZER PP PROFILE

Appl. (Parallel Pr.) : Optimization

Parallel Processes 2

Logical system :

Server Group :

Block Size:

You will require to take Basis team's help to enter value for Server Group and Block size.

I hope, above information is helpful for you.

Regards,

Anjali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjali,

Thank you. I should have mentioned that I have done what you described earlier and run the Optimizer without and with the setting without any effect. Minimum block size (orders for SNP Optimizer is 100 orders) - not definite what this exactly means. There is no evidence that I can find that the Optimizer ran with this Parallel Process Option. There is a flag ('X') in the log which is supposed to appear. The process also did not run faster by splitting it into Parallel Processes. Do you know if it is a licensing issue? Again, there is no good documentation on this issue available at this moment to me. If anyone has any documentation on how to run this process I would appreciate it.

Kr,

Michael M. Stahl

michael_stahl@optimieron.com

apo-dude
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Please could someone share their experience in using parallel processing profiles for Multi location, Network heuristics. I'm trying to use low level codes for DRP run but it takes 9+hrs which is too long. Ive just started exploring the option of using parallel processing profiles but not too sure if it will work fine or  not mess up planning sequence.

Thanks

Krish

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krish,

I am running SNP Location Heuristics with Parallel Process profile without any issues.

Thank you

Satish

apo-dude
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

Thanks for your response. Yes ive used parallel processing profiles using low level code calculation for DRP. It improved the performance significantly.

Do you have any experience in using low level code for DRP, Deployment runs?

Regards

Krish

Answers (0)