cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflicts on Deleted DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I come across a strange problem after deleting a DC.

While Assembly it is giving conflicts for that DC which is already deleted

I dont know how to trace that files which are already deleted.

Is there any other location where they are still existing?

Please help me out.Its really urgent.

Thanxs in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same problem here. A workaround is to check the checkbox "Assemble even if DCs are inconsistent" (or sth. similar)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is really urgent then you may opt for inconsistent assembly ie assemble even if DCs are inconsistent, but this would be a good approach. It is always good to do a consistent assembly.

Where do you see the conflicts? Is it both in dev and cons?

One way is to locate the files that are involved in conflicts is you may look for the conflicts in the IDE by going to the "Integration conflicts" tab of DTR perspectieve , and then go to the respective conflict...Right click on that and view in "Repository browser" and also have a look at the version graph. This way you will come to know if DCs still exist. There are chances that DCs were deleted before but it would have got recreated. Version graph can give an idea of what has happened.

And then if you see the conflicts in both dev and cons..it would be better to resolve it in dev and then propagate it to cons...

Let us know what you observe?

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inconsistent assembly is not a good approach. "NOT" missed by mistake in my previous post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed, its a work around in case of urgency. In my case there are no integration conflicts; an orphaned child DC still exists in the DTR and the DTR is spawning errors when I try to delete it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

What error do you get while deleting the DC?

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't remember the error. I've tried to reproduce it, but when I rightclick on the _comp folder in DTR perspective, "Delete subtree" is grayed out (also "sync" is grayed out)... If I remember well the error was about locked files..

Regards,

Jeroen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeroen,

If sync is greyed out, then is it that the files are already synced to ur filesystem?

Does the DC which you are trying to delete contain any open activity? If so please revert it and then try to delete.

Additionally if the files have delete locks then you will not be able to delete it. You may have to ask the DTR team to remove the delete locks and then try deleting it.

You can check if a DC has delete lock or not by going to the technical view in the DTR WebUI. There will be a property called "delete-lock=yes" if they have delete lock.

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I forgot to use a dedicated DTR client instead of the client related to DEV system. Now I've managed to delete the DC.

Jeroen