cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing ECC 6.0 and SCM 5.0 deferring to ECC 6.0 in Phase - I

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the process of implementing ECC 6.0 (FI, CO, MM, QM, PM, SD and PP modules) along with SCM 5.0 (DP, SNP including optimiser, PP/DS including optimiser and SNP deployment).

Our go-live date is August 1, 2007. We got stuck at SNP optimiser as planning results are not matching with manual plans. SNP also lacks some features as not considering set-up matrix etc. and doing day wise planning and making material available to next operation only after elapse of day.

We are at integration testing phase and feel it is quite difficult to acheive 'go-live' date of August 1, 2007.

Please help us in identifying way out and giving input on requirements to implement only ECC 6.0 at this stage say bu August 1, 2007 / September 1, 2007 and working in APO modules in parallel to ECC implementation.

What are the data requirements, changes to be carried out in data (material master, BOM, routings, workcentres, production version, pooled capacity, set-up matrix and so on).

Please give me details of implementing only ECC at this stage and what cjanges are to be carried out.

We have not started the End User Training on large scale and not prepared cutover templates and data. Master data is also getting changed on frequent basis to get desired re3sults from APO.

Please help.

KK Garg

email - krishan.garg@shrirampistons.com, kkgarg@hotmail.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krishnan,

The issues mentioned by you about SNP Optimiser are not issues or limitations. Its just that SNP is not the application component for Setup-Matrix and detailed planning. PPDS is the application component for that.

I assume you have managed master data in ECC and transferred them via CIF to APO for SNP and PPDS planning. In such a scenario you already have the relevant master data in ECC for doing planning in PP. However it is worth to see if PPDS module in APO can handle your requirements instead of SNP. PPDS does regard sequence dependent and detailed planning.

In case you decide to do planning in ECC only - then there should not be significant master data changes required as even with APO, execution was to be done in ECC which necessitates relevant master data. You have to make sure that the MRP type for APO planned materials are reset back from X0 otherwise planning will not be done in ECC. Also adjust the relevant integration models.

There would be other changes but these are some of the high-level ones I could think of right now.

Thanks,

somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Somnath,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Please give me more inputs.

We have tested demand planning and outcome is OK.

Can we transferred all requirements finalised in DP directly to PP and continue process there?

What will be the procedure of having purchase requisitions and production orders in PP? Where netting will take place?

Shall we use core functionality of PP module and generating PR and PO in ECC itself. What modules are to be configured in ECC (SOP, DRP, SFC, CP, MPS,) as we have planned every thing flowing from APO.

Please give us clearcut roadmap.

With best regards,

KK Garg

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krishnan,

You can use Demand Planning and then "transfer" the demand as PIRs to ECC for further planning in ECC. This is done using the Transfer Profile in APO-DP. Here is the <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/c9/b4df8870c011d398450000e8a49608/content.htm">link</a> to the help documentation for that.

In such a case the entire supply, procurement and production planning is to be done in ECC including generation of PR and PO.

For this you will have to configure from DRP in ECC. I don't think SOP will be required since the Demand Plan generated in APO-DP will result in the same functionality of Flexible Planning in SOP. I cannot provide further details of ECC configuration since I am not competent to do so.

The netting functionality is exactly what you will miss in APO-SNP and to be done in ECC. Netting especially cross-plant will not be possible in ECC with the same ease and flexibility in APO-SNP.

I feel you really need to nail down where exactly is your requirement not being met in APO - and is it due to the capbility of the tool or the current design you have.

It may well be good for you to carry out the netting and demand supply matching (through SNP Heuristics) in APO-SNP. Going back to your original post:

"We got stuck at SNP optimiser as planning results are not matching with manual plans. SNP also lacks some features as not considering set-up matrix etc. and doing day wise planning and making material available to next operation only after elapse of day."

Any optimization result will be difficult to comprehend and match with manual results. It may be worthwhile to run SNP Heuristic and generate the receipt elements (P Reqs and Planned Orders) without any capacity constraint. SNP is for bucket-oriented mid-term planning to determine the overall replenishment plan. Once you have done that the detailed planning considering capacity and sequence-dependent constraints should be done in PPDS. PPDS does have set-up matrix capability as well as detailed planning (down to seconds level).

So forgetting SNP and PPDS Optimization at the very beginning you can use the Heuristics to do the planning in APO. The Heuristic run results can be interpreted easily and reconciled better that Optimization runs. Once you have a hang of the Heuristic based apporach and overall control of planning in APO and execution in ECC, you can start looking into Optimizer usage.

I had seen a customer using Optimiser (PPDS) and then deciding not to use it. They are working with PPDS Heuristics and Scheduling Heuristics including Setup Matrix and quite happy about it. The master schedulers use the DS Planning Board to review the scheduling results after Scheduling Heuristic runs and then manually change the sequence per intelligence from shop floor.

Thanks,

somnath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Manna,

Thanks a lot for your input.

We have divided our project in two phases.

a. ECC 6.0 (MM, SD, FI, CO, PM, QM, PP) and demand planning.

b. APO balance part without optimisation & later optimisation in PPDS.

Kindly give your input what we should do in Phase-I with changes in data. How consolidated order for a SKU will be generated down the line. We have made control points (inventory locations where material specification get changed and code also get changed) in down the line and have 30- 35 levels of Bill of material from SKU's level to Raw material.

We have Piston, Pin , Ring and Engine Valve manufacturing and sale assemble product comprising of Piston (casting plant and machining plant - multiple operations), Pin (Pin Bar / Tube cut into smaller pieces and machined - multiple operations), and Rings (cast Iron - casting, machining process, Steel Ring made from steel wire and multiple steps of machining) and matching of all components. EV (forging and machining - multiple operations) also assembled using different engine valves. Along with this, we have bought out complexities also.

As system was configured based on APO for integration testing, do we require to change the configuration of the system running ECC and demands are flowing from DP (as suggested by you, only PIR's)?

What functionality of PP are to be implemented. How SNP deployment will take place or we have to use DRP for the purpose.

Your input will definitely will help us. In the mean time , SISL is preparing white paper for work to be done (decision taken recently).

With best regards,

KK Garg