Did you mean: 

An RFC adapter question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a doubt with the RFC adapter.

Currently I have this interface for an RFC:

R/3 system A -- XI system B -- R/3 system C

In this interface in system A I call an RFC through XI system B to get data of system C. The XI system B is the SLD associated to system A. This interface works fine.

Now the system B have another XI system, the system D. And I need change the XI system in this interface. What I need to do?

It is only needed create the interface in system D with the same RFC adapter configuration, with the same vales of gateway, program ID, etc... Or do I need additional configuration? SLD in system D? config system A?

I need to be sure of what I need because I need prepare documentation before to get access to the new XI system.

Thanks in advance,

RP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>It is only needed create the interface in system D with the same RFC adapter configuration, with the same vales of gateway, program ID, etc</i>

Yes. This is needed.

<i>Or do I need additional configuration?</i>

On XI all sender related settings as per this

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

<i>SLD in system D?</i>

If B and D doesnt use same SLD, then a entry of the communicating systems should be created as Web AS ABAP.

<i>config system A?</i>

Nothing i remember

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I have a doubt. How the A RFC systems knows where send the RFC? If there is a TCP SM59 connection with program ID, gateway host and service, and there is 2 XI systems, the RFC was sent to both systems? And then the system that have the same program ID in one interface configuration get it?

Do it is possible send it to two XI systems? Because I need sent some RFC's through the first XI and another RFC's through the new connection. I don't have a lot of experience with XI configuration and SLD, please explain it steep by steep.

Can I do it? Or one R/3 system only can send RFC to one XI system?

Regards, RP

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have a Single XI or multiple XI's?

You sender RFC adapter will try to connect to the R3 system using this Program ID on the R3 Systems Gateway. Likewise the TCP Ip Connection created on your R3 will provide the handshake for the connection fro R3 to XI.

So, if you have multiple XI instances and they are all going to try to connect to the same R3 system, then each of the Sender RFC adapter in both XI should have a unique program ID.

Regards

Bhavesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>How the A RFC systems knows where send the RFC?</i>

Through RFC Destination

<i>

If there is a TCP SM59 connection with program ID, gateway host and service, and there is 2 XI systems, the RFC was sent to both systems? And then the system that have the same program ID in one interface configuration get it?</i>

Program ID should be different

<i>Do it is possible send it to two XI systems?</i>

Yes, with separate Program ID

<i>Can I do it? Or one R/3 system only can send RFC to one XI system?</i>

Yes u can. R/3 can send RFC to more than 1 XI system

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek thanks for your info.

But how can have 2 XI systems for my RFC systems? How I configure it?

I will create 2 RFC with only different program ID, but I suppose that I need do something in R/3 or SLD to add the new system. Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is exactly that... you will need 2 RFC destinations in SM59 each to the respective XI System.

You will obviously need the relevant comm channels in the respective systems with the relevant ID's..

Just a general question... Why do you have 2 XI's?

Note this is if you have 2 XI systems only nothing more

Message was edited by:

Alex Ong

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>But I have a doubt. How the A RFC systems knows where send the RFC? If there is a TCP SM59 connection with program ID, gateway host and service, and there is 2 XI systems, the RFC was sent to both systems? And then the system that have the same program ID in one interface configuration get it?

Do it is possible send it to two XI systems? Because I need sent some RFC's through the first XI and another RFC's through the new connection. I don't have a lot of experience with XI configuration and SLD, please explain it steep by steep.

Can I do it? Or one R/3 system only can send RFC to one XI system?

</b>

I am not n abap developer but I was sure that in the RFC it self you need to specify which RFC destination that particular RFC should use.. and hence when you activate that RFC it will only use the correct SM59 destination

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Receiver RFC adapter, Business Systems never matter.

For Sender RFc adapter, if you select option, Advanced Mode--> DeSelect Verify Sender Business System , again the Sender Business System never matters,

All you would need to do is make sure that the RFC adapter contains valid parameters pointing to the Correct R3 System.

A better way thugh would be to ,create a Business System in the SLD for the new R3 system and recreate the Config Scenario in XI using this new Business System. The IR content can continue to be the existing one.

Regards

Bhavesh