cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in triggering BPM engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing a scenario, File - RFC - File. I have configured the scenario correctly.

when I place a file in a source directory, the file is picking up

and the file request is send to BPM. But from BPM the request is not going to RFC reciever.

I am not able to see any business process workflow in SXMB_MONI_BPE and also in SXMB_MONI.

Please let me know the possible cause of not triggering the BPM engine.

Thanks in Advance,

Mrugali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in case you have SP19, then you can avoid the BPM and redesign your development.

Here is an extract of how to achieve the same from an earlier thread;

<i>Steps:

Integration Repository

The Integration Repository will be similar to any Synchronous Scenario ( say HTTP - RFC ) . 1 Outbound Synch message Interface and 1 Inbound Synch Message Interface.

Integration Directory

This is where a few differences lie, so let me take some time.

1. The Receiver Determination , Interface Determination will be the same as in HTTP - RFC synch scenario. Create the Sender File Adapter, Receiver RFC Adapter and Receiver File Adapter.

2. Sender Agreement will be for the Sender File Adapter. Sender Agreement uses the Synch Outbound Message Interface.

3. Receiver Agreement will be for the Receiver RFC adapter. Receievr Agreement will use the RFC as thge Inbound Message Interface.

4. We need to add a few modules in the Sender File Adapter.

Go to the Modules Tab of the Sender File Adater, and add the following modules in the same sequence,

Number - ModuleName - Type - ModuleKey

1- AF_Modules/RequestResponseBean - Local Enterprise Bean - 1

2- CallSapAdapter-Local Enterprise Bean - 2

3-AF_Modules/ResponseOnewayBean-3

Parameters

ModuleKey - ParameterName - ParameterValue

1 - passThrough - true

3-receiverChannel - Receiver File Adapter Name

3-receiverService - Receiver Business Service/ System</i>

<i>I am not able to see any business process workflow in SXMB_MONI_BPE and also in SXMB_MONI.</i>

>>

check you BPM in SXI_CACHE. Verify of the return code for the same is 0. Else check the steps in your BPM again and activate the same via SXI_CACHE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shabarish for the response.

However this scenario needed to design using BPM only.

Please let me know, how this can be achieved using BPM. The BPM engine is not getting triggered.

Thanks,

Mrugali

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This will help u

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Regards,

Prateek

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the entry for your BPM in SXI_CACHE.

Verify of the return code for the same is 0. Else check the steps in your BPM again and activate the same via SXI_CACHE

Ref: /people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/11/28/inactive-integration-process-ip-at-run-time

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have verified SXI_CACHE and the return code 0 but still the BPM engine is not working.

Please let me knw if I have missed some other step.

Thanks,

Mrugali

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the directory, try deleting your entire scenario, goto environment->clear sld cache, then recreate the scenario. Sounds like it could be a config problem. Should only take a few mins to recreate. Make sure you dont have to force any object names in, they should all be selectable from drop-downs.

James.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>"My doubt is whether my BPM is active or not"

you can check this in tcode swf_xi_adm_bpe, swf_xi_adm_bpe_disp. In both the tcodes if the status says BPE is running, then no problem with ur BPM engine.

If BPM engine is running then it might be problem with ur scenario configuration.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks James.

Deleting and recreating the scenario helped me to move ahead.

Regards,

Mrugali

Former Member
0 Kudos

What information do you get from the trace in SXMB_MONI?

Do you have all green ticks in SWF_XI_CUSTOMIZING?

Do you have any dumps?

Anything in application log?

Cheers

James.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What information do you get from the trace in SXMB_MONI? Only one log in SXMB_MONI ie. file picking up from source and delivering to IP. Not able to trace the log from IP to RFC.

Do you have all green ticks in SWF_XI_CUSTOMIZING? Yes, all ticks are green

<b>Do you have any dumps?</b> wht are dumps reffered to and how to check them dumps?

Anything in application log? How do i trace the application log.

Please guide me.

Thanks,

Mrugali

Former Member
0 Kudos

The trace will probably be propogated back to the call to the IP. check the trace in sxmb_moni for that there, in fine detail, for any clues.

You may have not put in an exception branch. If so, explicitly define one to handle your call to RFC and force exception.

use SM21/ST22 to check logs/dumps

Cheers

James.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the following:

SM21---I don't have any log for my scenario here.

ST22- No dumps found ST22 Tcode.

Basically in my File -RFC-File scenario I have three call.

1. Business System to IP (File to IP)

2. IP to SAP Web AS ABAP (IP to RFC)

3. IP to Business System (IP to RFC)

I can see only one call that is from Business system to IP. i.e. file is picked up successfully and send to IP (receiver end). I can see success black race flag. The scenario is end here only. No further calls are triggered by BPM.

My doubt is whether my BPM is active or not.

Regards,

Mrugali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check SMQ2 on your destination system then, sounds like it got there just wasnt processed yet..

Cheers

James.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked SMQ2. Unable to see any messages in inbound queue.

Anything else to be checked.

Regards,

Mrugali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mrugali,

What is seen in the message log in transaction SXMB_MONI??

Is it showing any error there?

Regards,

Karen Pereira