cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i add a user, as recepient for alert using salert_Create_api dynamicaly

Former Member
0 Kudos

can i add a user, as a recepient for an alert using salert_Create_api dynamically, i mean to say, a user, which is not listed as a fixed recepient in the alert category definition in the tcode alrtcatdef.

is salert_Create_api and salert_create have the same functionality except for some extra functionality in the former,

i mean to say, can i use slaert_create_api instead of salert_create..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any reason why you want to use SALER_CREATE_API?

If you want the users to be chosen dynamically, in ALRTCATDEF you can select option,

recipients via user Role,

or

Subscription Authorization.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am using slart_create, but in one of the alert Category, a user name is missing in the <Fixed Recipients>,

since i dont have the required authorization to add a user in the "fixed-recepient list", i wanted to know if i can add the user dynamically and if both salert_create and salert_create_API have the same functionality

i dont know anything about recipients via user Role, Subscription Authorization, as i never use them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

I dont think adding receipient name dynamically is possible.

YOu can offcourse run the function module SALERT_CREATE_API in debugging mode and then add another user to the list.

secondly both the function module are almost the same. SALERT_CREATE_API has additional functionalities like you can send the alert to central alert server, etc , etc

Subscription Authorization means you define predefined user/role who can subscribe or unsubscribe to the alerts.

Regards,

sumit

ps : reward points if that solved your problem.