cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting startup with ESS Leave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently working on ESS Leave enhancement. After imported ESS from the CMS, i saw many inactive DCs on the left pane, as shown in <a href="http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/3334/essdc1lh1.jpg">ESS</a>.

1. Which is the one needed for the leave request?

2. How should i proceed with the development?

Any useful tuturial or materials would be helpful. Points will be given.

my email is julius3419@gmail.com.

Thanks.

-julius

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Fields can be removed through personalization

2. messages can be customized using bapi available

3. custom (10) fields can be added using config in spro->Pm->ESS->service specific settings-> working time -> leave request->

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer these links for ESS

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/21eb036a-0a01-0010-25a3-b22...

/people/srinivasarao.gv2/blog/2005/06/11/configuring-ess-in-sap-enterprise-portal-60

/people/siddhartha.jain/blog/2006/04/10/configuring-the-business-package-for-employee-self-service-ess-mysap-erp-2004

/people/sap.user72/blog/2003/08/18/going-live-with-ess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya & Suresh,

Both of replies's links dont really covered about ESS development, but is more on ESS configuration.

I alrdy created the WDP Project from DC ess/lea, what i need is a guideline/tutorial on the source code development, as many of the captions in the view are in the German language.

-julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Can u tell me clearly, u want to change language from english to german? what type of application u have to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suresh,

I'm working on the <b>ESS Leave</b>. I need to add/remove some fields, changing RFC function and changing some messages.

There are many WDP DCs in the ESS source codes, eg, CcAppl, FcAccList, etc. I would like to have some guides/learning materials on which DC does what (eg, CcAppl does what?) and anything that can help me to understand how the ESS Leave source codes works.

p/s: Many of the texts in the buttons/labels are in German, which is very confusing to me, as i dont understand German.

Thanks.

-julius

Former Member
0 Kudos