cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to define dependancy between sowtware comps in the SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to define dependancy between sowtware comps in the SLD,

i have a software comp, in the IR, where i import all RFCs and IDOCs, so that they can be used across all software comps in the IR,

since, IDOCs imported in one software comp, cant be used in another s/w comp,

i need to create that dependancy..............................

how can i mention the dependancy in the SLD....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

refer michal weblog below, it might help you.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/26/xi-are-you-independentfrom-your-dependencies

Best regards,

raj.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read the Rules OF Engagement,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement&

<i>

Do not use words in capital letters and any of the words: urgent, quickly, burning, etc in your message. Especially not in the title! This just irritates and does not help you get to your goal. From our side, we definitely do not answer faster when we see these words.

The same goes for such things as ??? or !!! in appends. In the English language one ? or ! is sufficient to terminate a sentence. </i>

Answering you question, Say you have 2 SWCV's. SWCV A and B. All objects imported in SWCV A should be visible in B. In this case, go to SWCV B and in this, Go to the Dependency Tab , and Select SWCV A here as the dependent Component.

In your IR, Clear SLD Cache and Reimport the 2 SWCV's into the IR and now you will see the Basis Objects in SWCV B. All the existing objects will not be affected as a result of this reimport into IR.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks raj, satish...

and yes Bhavesh, sorry for the inconvinience to the forum, for i didnt read the rules before..... i ll try to follow it....

neverthless, thanks for always correcting and helping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dhar,

Check this michals weblog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/26/xi-are-you-independentfrom-your-dependencies

---Satish