cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jstart never start in NetWeaver CE 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody

I install NetWeaver CE 7.1 (both 800MB and 1.4GB) one by one. But after install, the jstart in the process list is never start.

Any idea about it. How Can I start it.

Also any body of u install NetWeaver CE7.1 and it works fine for them. Please tell if anybody get success.

Thank You

Message was edited by:

Saifuddin Syed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just installed this today on a Windows XP laptop with 2GB of RAM. I also thought that the jstart process was not starting since I saw something like "starting .." for a long time and the light next to it was yellow, but eventually (maybe after 15-20 minutes), it did start and the light turned green. I was then able to bring up the NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 Welcome Page.

Roger Berlind

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

OK. So I took a random shot and tried installing Microsoft Loopback Adapter, and surprisingly enough, after doing whatever it was doing for about 13 minutes, the jstart process came to life. So I am good to go for now ... thanks for the help.

-- Sanjay

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I also face the same issue with starting the server. Could you please reply to

Thanks!

Daman

0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

I have 2GB RAM and roughly about 1.25 GM is free for CE 7.1 to grab.

In the MMC, I have seen the status of jstart process going through "Deploying Offline Components", followed by "Synchronizing Binaries", and then finally getting stuck with "Starting Processes".

However, today, the status of jstart process is jumping to "Stopped" after spending some time on "Deploying Offline Components". The dev trace shows the following messages:

M [Thr 5744] Thu Jun 21 12:58:39 2007

M [Thr 5744] *** ERROR => MsINiRead: NiBufReceive failed (NIECONN_BROKEN) [msxxi.c 2783]

M [Thr 5744] *** ERROR => MsIReadFromHdl: NiRead (rc=NIECONN_BROKEN) [msxxi.c 1939]

F [Thr 5744] *** LOG => Message Server connection broken.

F [Thr 5744] *** LOG => connecting to Message Server.

F

F [Thr 5744] Thu Jun 21 12:58:42 2007

F [Thr 5744] *** LOG => connected to Message Server.

F

F [Thr 5744] Thu Jun 21 13:02:23 2007

F [Thr 5744] *** LOG => Process flightrec stopping (pid 5412).

F

F [Thr 292] Thu Jun 21 13:02:23 2007

F [Thr 292] *** LOG => Signal 13 SIGCHLD.

F [Thr 5744] *** LOG => Process flightrec stopped (pid 5412).

F [Thr 5744] *** LOG => Instance state is "Deploying offline components" (STOPPING @ 0, INACTIVE).

F [Thr 5744] *** LOG => Run level 1 completed.

F [Thr 5744] *** LOG => Instance state is "Some processes failed" (STOPPED @ 0, INACTIVE).

F [Thr 5744] *** LOG => goodbye... (exitcode 22002, retcode 1)

I currently don't have any other machine to try the CE 7.1 installation, so any clues to fix the problem are greatly appreciated.

- Sanjay

0 Kudos

I am always connected to the network, but I am still facing this problem, that is - jstart process is not able to finish up its startup routine even after waiting for 25 plus minutes. Any clues?

-- Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay Patil

Tell me in your case did any other version of NetWeaver is already install. If yes I think there is a conflict. On my laptop I am unable to install NW CE 7.1 but on new machine it is install in first attempt.

Also on my laptop, In MMC the status of jstart is Stopped not starting. So ur situation is still better. just restart ur computer and close extra process so u have the max memory free for u. Then start the server from MMc and give time to the machine to start the server first then u do any thing else.

I have RAM of 2Giga. Tell me how much is urs.

Thank You

Syed Saifuddin

Former Member
0 Kudos

where do i look for portal and uddi registry in the netweaver ce 1.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I re-install the window server2003 again and the new installation is working

Thank You Everybody who ever try to solve my problem

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can also assure you that I've had no issues with the installation and running the CE trial versions. The Java EE only version (i.e. the 800 MB one) starts even faster than Roger says on a similar hardware: 2 GB of RAM, 3 GHz CPU. And the numbers are quite better for any subsequent startup.

I would suggest you to look in the trace files for any possible issues (/usr/sap/<SID>/Jxx/work).

HTH!

-Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roger Berlind and Vladimir Pavlov

I my case the thing is different. In SAP MMC under the <SYSID> there is server0 and server1.

the processlist under the server0 have 3 process

1-msg_server

2-enserver

3-gwrd

and the processlist under the server1 have 2 process

1-jstart

2-igswd

Here the status of jstart is stopped.

and I am unable to make it start.

Do I need to install the operating systems again. Because older version of netWeaver is also install there b4 I install CE7.1. But then I remove the older version and the problem is remain same.

Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a problem on my home pc. I solved by help of the following instructions:

<i>If you disconnect from the network after the installation, or if you are disconnected from the network and have virtual network adapters enabled (such as VMWare network adapter), the server might fail to start. In this case, please proceed as follows to flush the SAP system’s network cache and thus enable the system to start again:

1. stop the server completely

2. disable the virtual network adaptors in the network settings of the Windows control panel

3. delete the file <Install Dir>\<System ID>\JC<Instance Number>\j2ee\cluster\kernelProperties.bin

4. start the server again</i>