cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with External Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody

I'm using NW04s (7.0) sp 11 and I'm having problem using an <a href="http://sourceforge.net/projects/jexcelapi/">external jar</a>

for reading and writing to excel files. (I already used this jar with a regluar WD project and now I want to use it in a Web Dynpro DC project).

I tried using <a href="/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro blog</a> and <a href="/people/bala.krishnan2/blog/2006/09/25/bid-adieu-to-bots--using-captchas Blog</a>.

I tryed following both step by step, but when I tryed to use my project I get Class Not Found Error. The library is being created but it doesn't contain any jars.

I'll will give ten points for anyone who will guide me step by step how to deploy an external library in NW04s

Maybe something changed in this version??? Or this Jar isn't suitable for SAP J2ee server

Regards

Omer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Do you have a local project.. which has all these jars.. and pointed those jars in your library project.

I can suggest u a way..which had worked for me.

Create a External Library DC, paste those jar files in the libraries folder.

Create two public part , one for compilation.. and other to be packaged with.. sda..

In your component , use both these public parts.

Regards

Bharathwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shriram and Mithui,

thanks but you're not helping me. You both suggested the same forum message, which actually tell me to use Maksim blog and I already used it but it didn't solve my problem

Any other ideas???

Regards

Omer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omer,

Sorry to say that, you might doing some thing wrong.

I got exact problem like you.

I followed exact steps Maksim blog.

I came out that problem.

Can you tell how you are proceeding and exact problem.

Rgds

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mithu Ghosh

I tryed your solution (according to Maksim blog), and I fixed the warning I had but it still gives me "Class not found exception".

Omri Cohen

I tryed your solution but (according to Valery blog) it still gives me "Class not found exception".

I change the provider.xml to include this:

<jars>

<jar-names>jxl.jar</jar-names>

</jars>

and I didn't know in which folder to put the jxl.jar (because the sda file is a zipped file which contains other folders) so I tried to put it in every folder I had inside the sda file (server,META-INF and root folder)

Any other suggestions?

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omer,

Add the jxl.jar into the class path.

Check this.

Regards,

Mithu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the thread. The same issue is being discussed

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omer,

You need to add the JAR to the SDA manually due a bug in NWDS.

Follow Valery's blog. After the section "Add used DC (External Library) to J2EE library, do the following:

Add the following entries to provider.xml:

Instead of <jars/>

<jars><jar-names>jar name</jar-names></jars>

Deploy the SDA through RemoteGui (SDM)

Omri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried this blog and had 2 problems.

1.)

I didn't understand this part from the blog

"Caveat confector:

One should always remember this significant and valid point: 'Use ONLY DC Builds to create the deployable archive if you work with assembly public parts."

What should I 'DC Build' the 'Web Dynpro DC' or the 'external library DC'?

It isn't clear.

2.)

When I tried now to do it, I followed the blog and I get this warning when trying to build External Library DC.

"17/06/2007 10:02:09 /userOut/Development Component (com.sap.ide.eclipse.component.provider.listener.DevConfListener) [Thread[ModalContext,5,main]] WARNING: jexecel_lib: Compute DC build order: skipping DC that could not be loaded: MyComponents:sap.com/jexecel_lib. Exception: Failed to read component definition from local file MyComponents:sap.com/jexecel_lib : Cannot read component definition. File does not exist: D:\Documents and Settings\omers\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\sap.com\jexecel_lib\_comp\.dcdef (Cannot read component definition. File does not exist: D:\Documents and Settings\omers\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\sap.com\jexecel_lib\_comp\.dcdef)"

what is the reason, for this warning?

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Omer,

1> Acc. to the document i think u have to Build the "Web Dynpro DC".1st right click on the project "Reload" then "build" and deploy.

2> Check this path "D:\Documents and Settings\omers\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\sap.com\jexecel_lib\_comp\.dcdef"

Some library file is missing in the path.You have not publish the library.

Check the steps acc. to the block

/people/bala.krishnan2/blog/2006/09/25/bid-adieu-to-bots--using-captchas

1>PP - Compilation:

2>PP - Assembly:

3.WebDynpro DC & DC usage relations:

Regards,

Mithu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omer,

I also faced same problem like you.

But i came out by following the below Blog.

<b>Check this blog:</b>

/people/bala.krishnan2/blog/2006/09/25/bid-adieu-to-bots--using-captchas

Instead of creating another DC of J2ee Library type, you have to create 2 different

Public parts, one each of Provides an API .... & Can be packaged...(SDA)... types.

Add all therequired jars in both the public parts.

Add these public parts in your Web Dynpro DC as Used DC, with only Build Time Dependency.

Just follow the steps mentioned in the above Blog.

If you phase any issue let me know.

Rgds

SS