Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get message status in addapter engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have a need to return to a client's request, the status of messages

in the adapter engine(i.e. if failed in the jms or jdbc adapters).

I would like to know if there is a STANDART way (i.e. RFC function or

some kind of web service) to perform that?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yakov,

generally when you have errors in the adapter, you will get a CCMS alert basing on which you can notify the client that you have facing issues in the adapter and you are working on it. you can configure alerts for the adapter engine in the runtime workbench. Once you do this, you will get mails of there is any problem. This is the stadard way of doing things. This is the case when you do not have any BPM sort of things. Else if you are using BPM, then you can handle the exceptions and send the acknowledgements.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all, for your quick reply.

This is not exactlly what I am looking for.

What I am looking for is to mimic the message monitoring of the RWB.

I will explain:

I want to get the status of messsages in the adapters, as you can get from msg moni in RWB, but to perform the task from the outside(from the ECC) using a BAPI or any other standart way.

I am sure there must be a certain function performing the task behind the RWB msg moni form.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello yakov,

I'm also very interested in getting the adapter-status of a single message from the ABAP-stack. Did you solve your problem ? How did you solve it ?

So I do not want to know the adapter-status of the adapter itself, I really want to know if one single message was successfully processed by the adapter engine. Maybe you've found a way to also get all the details that are available in Runtime Workbench.

thanks

simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use function module <b>SXMB_SELECT_MESSAGES</b> which is used by the standard transaction SXI_MONITOR to obtain this detail.

You can even write an RFC enabled function to encapsulate this function and run it remotely if required if you do not want to run it in XI itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

thanks for your reply, but this is not what I'm looking for. The function module SXMB_SELECT_MESSAGES only returns the status of the message within in Integration Engine, but NOT the status of of the message within the ADAPTER Engine. But I need to get the adapter-status (Java stack) of the message from the ABAP-stack.

Simon

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yakov,

From my above friends replies, I got to know what u want it. You want to get the status of the comm channel ( Ex: JMS, JDBC , File , etc...) right.

If your SP is SP19(04) or SPS10(04's) then its surely possible for to get the status.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/0c86aab4d14dece10000000a11466f/content.htm

oops!! There is weblog describes the above functionality.

/people/william.li/blog/2007/05/04/control-communication-channels-externally-without-using-rwb

I hope it helps you !!!

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

one way around would be to configure a simple alert using tcode ALRTCATDEF and in the alert configuration in RWB,select the adapter engine radio button and then select your adapter(in case case its either JDBC or JMS).in this way you can make sure that if any error occurs in the adapter engine,a notification will be send.but there is one drawback with this approach and that is,the notifications will only be triggered if there is any error in adapter engine,no notification will be triggered if there is no error.

to get notification about successful messages,you need to explicitly request an acknowledgment from the receiving system.

have a look at the following to configure alerts.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Hey i doubt there is a standard way for this,you need to explicitly request for a response/acknowledgment and this back to the sender.

thanx

ahmad

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yakov,

<i>I have a need to return to a client's request</i> . Can u be little bit more detailed.

Best regards,

raj