cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'update was terminated' while creating billing document VF01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i need a solution urgently ..except for paticular document no all documents that i post using VF01 create successfully document no.

but for a paticular document no(may be it is of some type that i am unable to) while creaing billing document no it gives a message 'document created successfully' ,but when i try to click any button after that e.g BACK it shows a messge 'Update was terminated for author ....' in my inbox. and vf03 shows the documentdoesn't exist.

in st22 i checked one dump . when i gave a break point at that point the cursor never reached the code.

I also checked SM13 and it showed all fms as init. and one fm 'RV_MESSAGE_UPDATE ' as error . i aws unable find the fm in the main program .

one more thing when i create bill document for other document type it shows messge 'Document saved ....(no accounting document created)' but for this one i am getting messge 'document saved.......' .

I asked one collegue he told me might be some OSS notes required for it . i am working on a unicoded system ECC 6.0 version.but he is not sure .

Has any body faced the same problem..and what was the soln....if oss notes are required than how could i find it..and what was the no...........

THANKS IN ADVANCE ...................

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

usually this kind of messages are encountered when the input data is not matching the required or expected data. Perhaps, the date format expected and entered are different or some validation failing.

Please take your abaper help. He can find the exact why the program is failing and can be fixed.

Thanks

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

i don't think there is any issues related to date format. because for only one document numebr creation for billing document not possible. plz help me out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if your number range has exhausted for the billing document type you are using.

Or there can be problem in output program which if is schedulled as Issue imme afetr saving the application,then this kind of update terminated error is faced.

Check if you have done any modification in the program.

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS for the reply.

i am new to sap .can u tell me in detail where actually i can check for number range of the document . one more when i checked the sm13 and started debugging it gave me for a certain character set (may be in chineses) present in the table ,the transfer command gives a dump. now the problem is it is too long 132 and don't no forwhich character it gives an dump.how can i check the characters maintained in the system. it gives a dump CX_SY_CONVERSION_CODEPAGE ,At the conversion of a text from codepage '4102' to codepage '4110':

i am not sure this causes the mesages 'Updation was terminated' . what u people think.

thanks ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes,my doubt was write.Contact your ABAPer and show him this error and tell to correct the character format in output program.

This has nothing to do with number range,so forget that part.

He will do the rest :)As a Functional consultant you can not do anything

Reward points if useful

Regards,

Amrish Purohit