cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I submit off-line interactive form to SAP (using ABAP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working on a scenario where a order entry form will be emailed to the off-line user. I need to provide a submit button on the form so that a off-line user can click on the submit button to submit the form to SAP.

I'm using pur ABAP for this scenario, no web dynpro.

From one of the blog on this subject I found that we can submit the form using a web service.

1. Can I develop a function module and convert it into a web service so that it can be called from the off-line form?

2. What will be the interface (parameters) for this function module?

3. How do I call web service from the form?

Please tell me in details how to implement this scenario.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

1. Yes absolutely.

2, You can define your own parameters. As it has to be triggered from the form, the import parameters will be the form fields and required flags (if any).

3. Create a new Data connection in the data view pallette. load the WSDL file/ url (created from an RFC using utilitiees -> create webservice, access the WSDL file and details from WSADMIN and WSCONFIG transactions). Bind the import paramenters of the data connection (created from WSDL file) to the form fields and drag and drop the button (automatically created with the data connection for the WebService).

There are a very good docs in SDN on creating WebServices from RFC.

Regards,

- Anto.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anto,

Thanks for explaining the steps.

I'll give it a try but may have more questions later.

Thanks,

Atul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anto,

I created a web service, created the data connection using the WSDL URL, dragged and dropped the data connection in the form, went to the binding tab of each field in the data connection and attached them to a form field.

Now, what is the next step?

How do I call the web service and check for response parameters?

Thanks,

Atul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When creating a data connection, you must have got three nodes - Request, Response, and a button.

If the button is not there - Draga and drop a button from the Library pallette, make it execute type and provide the Web Service URL in your button properties.

I beleive you can find more details on similar threads in this forum ya you can check out the designer help.

Thanks and Regards,

Anto.