cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation stop due to the JCE policy problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

My installation stopped due to the following error i have JDK 1.4.2.11 with JCE policy file version 1.4.2.zip

INFO 2009-06-16 13:18:05

Creating file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW04S/SYSTEM/ORA/CENTRAL/AS/jce_policy-1_4_2.log.

Output of /usr/lib/jvm/java/bin/jar is written to the logfile jce_policy-1_4_2.log.

Output of /usr/lib/jvm/java/bin/jar xvf /mnt/Ecc/jce_policy-1_4_2.zip:

created: jce/

extracted: jce/local_policy.jar

extracted: jce/US_export_policy.jar

extracted: jce/README.txt

extracted: jce/COPYRIGHT.html

ERROR 2009-06-16 13:18:05

FSL-00001 System call failed. Error 2 (No such file or directory) in execution of system call 'realpath' with parameter (/usr/lib/jvm/java-1_4_2-sun-1.4.2.11/jre/lib/security/local_policy.jar), line (346) in file (syuxclink.cpp).

MUT-03025 Caught ESyException in Modulecall: ESAPinstException: error text undefined.

FCO-00011 The step installPolicyArchive with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_getJavaHome|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_getJavaHome_jcePolicy|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|installPolicyArchive was executed with status ERROR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor

Did you download the JCE policy zip file and installed in manually or did you point sapinst to the place where it resides? Do you have write permission on the directory?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didnt extracted manually i just point to the .zip file and i have full permissions on /usr/local/java as well as the directory where i placed .zip file

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you download the IBM Java JDK for Linux x86_64 from the IBM site? You seems to use the standard/default JDK installed by the operating system.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Markus,

No i am using the SUSE linux 10 not 64bit it is 32 bit i got JDK1.4.2_11 bye default and i downlaoded this JCE version from http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem seems to me, that you have the Java RUNTIME but not the Development Kit.

I'd suggest downloading the complete JDK from Sun, extract it into a path, point JAVA_HOME there and restart the installation.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI markus,

No markus i can see both of them JAVA-1_4_2-sun package for (java runtime environment) and java-1_4_2-sun-devel package for (java 2 SDK standerd edition) by default.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And where does your JAVA_HOME points to? JRE or JDK?

Sapinst seems to expect something under /usr/lib/jvm... what is not there - so I think, that your JAVA_HOME points to the JRE and not to JDK...

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

#echo $JAVA_HOME

points to /usr/lib/jvm/java where i can see bin include jre lib directories

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you see "security" under lib?

Additionally I'd recommend though using a JDK higher than 1.4.11, that version has a performance problem importing java dumps, your installation will take VERY long with that version.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya markus i can see Security folder under /usr/lib

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And do you see the file

local_policy.jar

under security?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

No markus i cant see i can see only files classpath.security and other is libgcj.security

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And that is your problem. Sapinst is trying to exchange this file with the download jce_policy and since that is not existing, it fails.

The SuSE default Java installations has two separate paths for JRE and JDK but sapinst expects this to be in ONE path.

So again, I suggest to download an actual JDK (1.4.2_12 is best), install that on your box in a separate path and leave the default installed as it is. So you won't have surprises when you update your system.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow markus very helpful inform from you today and now i ll remove both the JRE and JDK now.

What is the command to uninstall all of them at one time.i mean both the versions at a time using rpm -e ...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

And also markus last time i face a prob that i cant start the installation gui for the second time i dont know why (after i cancelled the installation i cant install back again) should i remove any thing before executing the ./sapinst) i also removed all the old files.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to remove them.

Just download 1.4.2_12 from http://java.sun.com

and install it in e. g. /opt/jdk1.4.2_12

then

export JAVA_HOME=/opt/jdk1.4.2_12

export PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH

I also suggest to create a separate installation directory and execute sapinst from there so

mkdir /install

cd /install

<FULL_PATH_TO_SAPINST>

Then you will have all logfiles in one directory and not spread over /tmp

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much once again markus for your good information..i ll do as said thaks markus bye..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all

On windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Actually when i have give the Path of JCE policy after clicking next we get error like

Give permission -Registery

Dcomlaunch        

DPS

RPCSS               

SamSs

TrkWks

TrustedInstaller

WdiServiceHost

WdiSystemHost

gpsvc

when we give permission on GPSVC system denied it

i am doing installation from Administrator account and my installation get struck plz help