Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling XI Seeburger EDI SAP interfaces not going live with

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have the following scenario:

We have overall 20 business partners and we are goining live with only 5 business partners with XI Seeburger ANSI X12 (850,860 etc) & SAP.

For the remaining business partners (15) we would be getting their files through AS2/VAN (flat files ANSI X12) but would be failing at our end as we have not yet developed the required interfaces/maps.

How can we capture this information in our XI system, convert it into business understandable format (order entry team can not understand ANSIX12 or IDOC..flat file) and give to business so that they can manually enter the orders in the SAP system.

Really apprecaiate your suggestion on this,

Thanks

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

<b>Existing Scenario:</b>

Our existing legacy ERP system is interfaced through a EDI sub system. We are exchaging 850,860 etc ANSI X12 with 20 business partners.

<b>Going Forward Scenario:</b>

Legacy ERP system would be replaced with SAP & EDI sub system would be replaced with XI Seeburger. As a part of Phase 1 we intend to go-live with only 5 business partners (maps have been developed) and the transactions would be created automatically in the SAP system.

Remaining 15 business partners EDI documents (maps are not developed) would be hitting the XI Seerburger system but would FAIL (stored in a XI folder as a flat file) as there are no maps developed. That means we are not goining live with the remaining 15 partners though their EDI documents would be hiiting the XI Seeburger system.

<b>Suggestion Required on:</b>

Remaining 15 partners - Business wants to have this information in a readable format so that they can access and enter the transactions manually.

Since business can not understand the ANSIX12 flat files they need to be converted into business understandable language (field description like Sales Order date, shipping date, Quanity instead of ANXI X12 EDI segments etc)

Have you faced this situation earlier. If yes what approach you followed?

I hope I am clear.

Thanks

Pradeep

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pradeep,

<i> If the scenario fails .......... flat files will be in XI folder</i>

Basically u want to tell the business partners that enter transactions manually. So you can use file adapter on sender side(Content conversion) which is available in XI folder and do a mapping according to the business reqmt and send mail to the particular business partner stating the information to enter manually.

Does this suits your reqmt? Its my point of view.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

ok i got the problem,you actually want to identify the partners for whom mapping has not been defined and want the management to feed values for them manually(you have total 15 of these) and for the rest 5 partners you want the process to be automated.

so the problem you are getting is how to identify if the message is coming from the group of 15 of from the group of 5,is my understanding right?

if yes,then you have several solutions for this,but all the solutions will require manual work(and i guess even you want to manually enter the values for 15 of them)

the first one is configure alerts,definitely whenever a EDI from the group of 15 hits XI an alert will be triggered(coz there is no message mapping defined for them),now in these alerts display the message id of the message and send a alert notification to the concerned people.now when they read the mail and see the message id,they can easily identify the EDI based upon the message id and then they can manually feed that specific EDI.

second approach is based upon the business system/logical system name for each of the business partners,my knowledge in EDI is quiet limited so cant tell you exactly,but i m pretty sure that the EDI file must contain some information about the sending business partner,you need to catch this business partner name in message mapping.

over there check if its from the group of 15,then send a e-mail to the concerned people and attach the EDI document in the mail,so they can feed it manually.

if you already have mapping program developed,then you may go with the first solution.

let us know if u have any more questions

thanx

Ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

i m unable to get what exactly you are looking for:)

you can always make the adaapter status inactive so that it does not process any messages.

can you please explain your problem a bit.

thanx

ahmad